I hate bodgers

Swapping over the ignition lock illumination on the Seras...

Black Sera - steering cowl is loose. Silver Sera - find the wiring (which Toyota carefully design to be entirely modular despite having a trailing lead to the back of the door sill) has been spliced for the alarm. Black Sera - find broken clips and the foglight is wired in with a strand of speaker wire. Silver Sera - discover why the door lights haven't worked since whenever

- the wire has been cut, presumably in an earlier attempt to sense an open door. Join wires, lights work. Yeay. Black Sera - discover the cowl is loose because the same monkey that 'installed' the foglight (earthing through the column metal instead of the SODDING EARTH POINT RIGHT ON THE CAR) has overtightened every screw.

Result:

Silver Sera lights are now working, alarm I haven't checked because I hate it. Will check tomorrow. Black Sera key illumination working, but need to replace countless trim clips, steering column cowl, and that foglight wire (when I replace the awful stuck-on foglight, which will require bumper filling, with a Celica foglight which fits the curve of the bumper perfectly and looks factory).

I really, really despise people that cannot make the effort, when importing something they intend to sell for a profit, to just NOT BREAK THE BLOODY THING, or indeed, install the required foglight with some degree of sympathy.

The Cardiff-based muppet responsible apparently said "I'm never importing a Sera again, I thought they were worth more - I'm losing money on it", and all I would have to say in response is "Good".

Richard

Reply to
RichardK

lol i love the lil sera's, kinda to girly in shape but there nice inside ect :)

Reply to
Vamp