97 f150 wiring for remote start help needed

I'm trying to install a remote start in my 97 f150. Problem is I don't have a correct wiring diagram for the truck. Below is what I got off the net, but no wires like those colors in my truck?

Anyone know the correct colors and for what? Thanks.

97 Ford F-Series/Expedition Alarm/Remote Start Info

Starter Red/Blue Ignition Switch

12V Constant Yellow Ignition Switch Ignition Blue/Green IgnitionSwitch Heater AC 1 Gray/Yellow Ignition Switch Heater AC 2 Red/Black Ignition Switch Accessory Black/Green Ignition Switch Tach Blue/Green or Pink/White At Coil Brake Switch Hot N/A Brake Switch Brake Switch Cold Green Brake Switch Courtesy Lights(+) Black/Blue Right Kick Panel Parking Lights(+) Brown At Switch Hatch Release(+) N/A N/A

Door Lock 5 wire(+) Pink/Yellow Left Kick Panel/ If equipped with keyless entry 3 wire(-)

Door Unlock 5 wire(+) Pink/Green Left Kick Panel/ If equipped with keyless entry 3 wire(-)

Power Window Left Up (+) White/Black Driver's Side Switch Power Window Left Down(+) Orange/White Driver's Side Switch Power Window Right Up(+) White/Yellow Driver's Side Switch Power Window Right Down(+) White/Yellow Driver's Side Switch Horn(-) Dark Blue Steering Column

Reply to
yearight

The AutoZone website has wiring diagrams. Look for the repair link

Hope this helps.....

Dave S(Texas)

Reply to
putt

Check this site out and dig around. It should be able to help you out. It has diagrams for most items for installs:

FordStyle

the12volt.com thats where i got the diagram....read on forums others say it matches. Not on mine though..strange. thanks

trying autozone site, presently getting an error when i get to the ford trucks option. thanks.

th>

Reply to
yearight

Here is what I found for a 99/00 model. Its listed to the right of your orig Diagram and new wires are in CAPS. These are also listed on the DEI website page the installer that did mine left me. Hope it helps

97 Ford F-Series/Expedition Alarm/Remote Start Info

Starter Red/Blue Ignition Switch: RED/LT BLUE

12V Constant Yellow Ignition Switch : YELLOW/LT GREEN Ignition Blue/Green IgnitionSwitch: SAME SECOND IGNITION :GRAY/YELLOW THIRD IGNITION: LT BLUE/PINK Heater AC 1 Gray/Yellow Ignition Switch : RED/BLACK Heater AC 2 Red/Black Ignition Switch : BLACK/GREEN Accessory Black/Green Ignition Switch Tach Blue/Green or Pink/White At Coil : 4.2l-DK BLUE/LT GREEN AT COIL PACK////4.6l:USE ANY OF THE IGNITION COILS AND USE ANY THATS NOT RED/GREEN. 5.4L: GREEN/WHITE WIRE PASSENGER SIDE MOTOR BETWEEN FUEL INJECTORS Brake Switch Hot N/A Brake Switch-NOT LISTED Brake Switch Cold Green Brake Switch: LIGHT GREEN

Courtesy Lights(+) Black/Blue Right Kick Panel: BLACK/LT BLUE Parking Lights(+) Brown At Switch- SAME PARKING LIGHTS NEGATIVE: LT GREEN/YELLOW AT SWITCH Hatch Release(+) N/A N/A

Door Lock 5 wire(+) Pink/Yellow Left Kick Panel/ If equipped with keyless entry 3 wire(-) NEGATIVE PULSE TYPE "B"

Door Unlock 5 wire(+) Pink/Green Left Kick Panel/ If equipped with keyless entry 3 wire(-) NEGATIVE PULSE TYPE "B" LOCK MOTOR: PINK/BLACK -DRIVER KICK PANEL UNLOCK MOTOR: RED/ORANGE -DRIVER KICK PANEL

Power Window Left Up (+) White/Black Driver's Side Switch-SAME Power Window Left Down(+) Orange/White Driver's Side Switch-SAME Power Window Right Up(+) White/Yellow Driver's Side Switch-SAME Power Window Right Down(+) White/Yellow Driver's Side Switch: TAN/LT BLUE Horn(-) Dark Blue Steering Column-SAME

DISARM DEFEAT-PINK/ORANGE--PASSENGER KICK PANEL DOOR TRIGGER- BLACK/YELLOW & PINK/BLACK. 1st CATCHES THE DRIVERS DOOR, 2nd CATCHES THE PASSENGER DOOR> FOR THOSE WITHOUT DOME LIGHT DELAY USE THE ORANGE/LT GREEN (-) AT THE LIGHT SWITCH HEADLIGHTS: RED/YELLOW (+) AT THE LIGHT SWITCH

Reply to
FordStyle

What color wires are at your ignition switch?

Reply to
Puter Tech

The last owner had a remote starter installed and his connections are visable for at least 2 wires at the ignition, (probably just start and run: 1 is pink on Lt green, other is blue on Dark green), the brake light one, and under the hood for tach,

There are daytime running lights so I don't need that one, the hood switch is easy, as is running straight from the battery.

But the 2 possible heater wires, if even needed (the last one i installed on my 90 f150 never had these, no tach sense option as well), and the possibility of diodes and modules is more then I wanna deal with. I can figure out the negative sense as well.

PS: It's a high of -33C here lately and I have no garage.

I took back the remote start and will get a package deal installed, unless I can get a definative wiring diagram. I will brave the cold and check out the colors tomorrow, I would like to save the $100 plus for the install if I can.

thanks for the responses.

Reply to
yearight