impressed-Xantia estate

Just picked up a Xantia estate wasn't expecting much for a 98 Citroen with no tax or test but a quick jump start and a wee run home and i'm smitten.

Engine is bloody sweet and miles better than the hdi crap that we get lumbered with out of France now.

Reply to
Rob

Wait until you start putting stuff in the back.

Reply to
Conor

Aye, they are cool. And the funky suspension means that the handling and braking aren't really affected by putting the odd ton of breeze-blocks in the back.

Reply to
Albert T Cone

Or of colleagues.

Reply to
DervMan

What model is it? I found the LX and SXs were uncomfortable to drive for a long period, annoyingly the expensive VSX was okay...

Meh is it a... shudder... petrol? Or the 1.9 or 2.1 XUD?

Reply to
DervMan

Hope it's not the 2.0i - it'll wallop fuel. Goes like stink but expensive to run.

Reply to
Conor

Careful, your "Goes like stink" comment is a SteveH-ism. The 2.0 isn't that quick, not even the (low blow) turbocharged one.

Reply to
DervMan

It's bloody quick for the size of car it has to shift.

Reply to
Conor

It's no quicker than my diesel Saab....

Reply to
DervMan

Yours is the 150BHp lump, isn't it? The Xantia should be about 200kg lighter, with a couple of (ok, basically irrelevant) extra HP, so it should be a *bit* quicker[1]

[1] even given the inferior power delivery of a petrol lump[2] [2] sorry, gratuitous Burgerman bait
Reply to
Albert T Cone

You've transposed, it's the 115 bhp 2.2, the original 9-3 diesel.

The higher powered Xantia 2.0 has a 0 - 62 time of 9.6 seconds.

My lower powered diesel has a 0 - 62 time of 9.8 seconds, so, shock horror it is slower... as standard.

With the output up to a claimed 140 bhp, who knows? As quick?

Quicker? It's a weany, non-flexible, naturally aspirated petrol engine. It has to be s**te by definition.*

*extra bait
Reply to
DervMan