It can only end in tears....

My brother is looking for a P38 Rangie or an early MkII Impreza.

He's looking at the bottom end of the market....

Can someone give me a list of bloody good reasons why he should look for a Classic Rangie or a MkI Impreza instead? - I figure that if you're spending bottom end money, you're better off going for the earlier models and getting a slightly older, but much better example.

Reply to
SteveH

I only broke my Classic Rangie once; given the P38's reputation for 'leccy problems (I think PeteM's yer maun for that) it would've turned into a bloody lawn ornament.

The thing about Imprezas is to buy the best he can and not some chavved-up timebomb, especially if he wants a turbo. I mean, why bother with anything else? Buying the best he can would mean to buy an older, better looked after car IMHO...

Reply to
Timo Geusch

Aye, P38s are such a bad idea - they appear to start at £3k, but £3k will buy you an absolute minter of a late Classic.

Again, I agree - 'bugeye' MkIIs appear to come in at £4k+, which will buy a really nice, low miles, MkI.

Personally, I'd buy a Legacy. Less likely to have been caned to death.

Reply to
SteveH

GTB of course! :)

tell him not to be a chav and get an early evo lil bit different i think, get an evo2-3 for £3kish i think

Reply to
Vamp

Lancer Evo II RS would be the one for me. Quite subtle - looks like a Proton, for obvious reasons.

Reply to
Bob Sherunckle

... and a manual to boot, as the slushboxes on those aren't exactly the most durable ever made.

I *nearly* bought an original evo for something like 2k on fleabay about three months ago. Rather nice, it was.

Reply to
Timo Geusch

"Pete M" wrote in message news:enoorf$scd$ snipped-for-privacy@registered.motzarella.org...

My neighbour's got one of these. It's only got around 30k miles on it and recently received it's third engine, luckily the previous two were both replaced under warranty.

Reply to
Homer