It's gone :-(

The Marea, that is.

Not sure what's coming next. Still waiting for my list and order form.

In the meantime, I'm having a hire car delivered 3 weeks tomorrow.

Reply to
SteveH

Did you get him to sign that album? Huh?

Richard

Reply to
RichardK

Lol.

This was a different guy - he'd seen it on ebay.

Funny, innit - I had massive problems shifting my Passat, which you'd assume would be easy to shift, but a Marea, the least loved car of the Bravo/Brava/Marea triplets, sold in 24 hours!

Job jobbed.

That's my credit card cleared and a new PDA, then.

Reply to
SteveH

3 weeks is a long time to wait isn't it?
Reply to
Tom Robinson

Not half as long as the 2-3 month waiting list for a new Passat oil burner.

In the meantime, I'm going to enjoy the sunshine in the 75 :-)

Reply to
SteveH

I always find this strange. Doesn't the car industry produce more cars than it can sell - apart from a few exceptions and limited production runs? Isn't there huge car parks somewhere with cars piled up unsold? If so, why is there a waiting list? Is it so they can smooth out their sales figures over the year?

Reply to
Tom Robinson

There are these big car parks but they tend to hold the unpopular models.

Because the popular models are fabricated to spec. When you order a car, a file is filled in and sent to the production plant. So the car they build is already sold. Car makers like that.

What they don't like is a car that doesn't sell. They will produced a certain number of it (because the production speed is fixed) but thise cars are not yett sold.

At production of 1000 cars per day a very big carpark is quickly needed.

Nope.

Tom De Moor

Reply to
Tom De Moor