Jason Plato

For all the good that does you as the rear end pushes you into trouble...

Reply to
JackH

I find her distinctly unattractive, as it goes.

Reply to
JackH

There was something seriously wrong with that Ashtray. I could feel how bad it was from the passenger seat....

Reply to
SteveH

Accelerators can go up as well as down.

Reply to
Tim S Kemp

Erm, maybe I'm reading this wrong - I can see it being a good thing that they moved it without asking, as it meant you ended up getting it cheaper, but how does them damaging the back bumper contribute to that situation being a good thing? Did they end up paying for a replacement bumper?

Well, they're still sort of standard. Or an insurance company could possibly be convinced that they were a factory option, being standard VAG issue and all..... ;-)

Reply to
AstraVanMann

Bad wording on my part - yes, the damage to the bumper is 'not a good thing'.

The cost of the salvage on the other hand, was indeed a 'good thing'.

I'm at the age where they don't charge much, if anything, for mods. :-)

Reply to
JackH

I'd never bother to inform them of wheels the could arguably be said to be from the same marque, I met several assessors when I worked at the NFU - they'd never in a bazillion years notice they were't VW wheels, and even if they did I'd be very, very surprised if they'd cared.

Reply to
DanB

I think they might notice 19s... but yes whether they'd be bothered about them is a different matter.

Top company, NFU.

Reply to
JackH

Although in fairness, an Audi RS6 isn't a VW. Though I guess one could find VW centrecaps for them.....

Reply to
AstraVanMann

eBay.

HTH

Reply to
JackH

I still don't think they'd care either way.

Reply to
DanB

Well, that many cars come with huge wheels today they'd maybe wonder but none of the ones I ever met would have cared heh. They were all very like, blase and the cars and usually more bothered about getting inside for a coffee...

Aye, sensible mods policy too of "Items such as; 'performance' air filters, spark plugs/leads, exhausts (not to include catalytic converter removal) and braking components of the OEM standard or higher, which don't significantly affect the cars performance will not alter the premium" :-)

Basically, bolt on tat doesn't do anything, so we won't charge for it. I was reading the guidelines and when it got to engine swaps the example used was "A ford sierra 2.0 petrol, having the engine replaced with a 2.3 diesel Sierra engine" - so, yea, I'm sure plenty like that would crop up...*ehem*

Reply to
DanB

You are a celebate right wing christian with bad hair?

Reply to
Elder

Well I drink neat scotch and smoke cigars, so I guess I must be all those things too. (c:

Reply to
Douglas Payne