Just broke down lol

Typical, buy a new car and what happens :(

Driving along as you do, then suddenly car dies no power at all, tried to restart and it starts then dies after about 5 secs. Seems to be fuel related, as if the fuel pumps packed up.

Oh well such is life, it's still got some warranty left on it, so lets see if they will pay :)

Cheers

Ronny

Pretty embarrising on the back of a lowloader damn quattro :)

Reply to
ron

Well engines don't run properly untill they have dont about 30-40k. Hope there arn't any other problems!

Reply to
REMUS

Are you another victim of VAG coil packs?

Douglas

Douglas

Reply to
Douglas Payne

ITs done more than 40k, when I say new I mean new to me :)

Reply to
ron

In article , snipped-for-privacy@cheerful.com spouted forth into uk.rec.cars.modifications...

Sounds likely, or if it is a turbo, maybe a simple thing like a Vac hose or turbo hose come off or split. It sounds like what happens to me.

Ron: Will it run if you rev it, but just won't idle? Or is it completly no go?

Reply to
Sleeker GT Phwoar

Nah defo not the turbo, its either Fuel pump or coil pack another flatbed is picking it up in the morning and taking it to Bristol Audi, I'm off to butlins on friday damn car thats all I need :)

I know the car has 2 fuel pumps, one for the standard 4 bar psi and another inside the tank that distributes fuel to both tanks, as its a quattro it has two fuel tanks, 1 is pumped from the other, because of the rear wheel drive, the tank is postioned in 2 pieces 1 either side of the propshaft

Reply to
ron

took it into the dealer and he said, he hasnt heard nothing about Coilpacks breaking down on an A4 1.8T, this just goes to show what a bunch of wnakers they really are.

Am awaiting the dreaded phone call call to tell me the price

Reply to
Ronny

Had the same problem on a Rover 45, or rather four Rover 45s in succession (hire cars) it was a faulty engine immobiliser. Rover must have bought a job lot of faulty units.

Reply to
Steve Firth