Legality of no bumpers?

I've seen a fair few mk1's with no bumpers on, I was wondering how that is viewed by law?

Since I thought bumpers where mandatory due to safety issues?

Reply to
REMUS

there's an old skool fiesta where i work minus a bumper, i dunno what the rules are? i think as long as it's not left sharp edges and you gaffa up any sharp bits it passes. the fiesta does have a chrome badge that reads 'MY SHITTA' which i think is genius :)

Reply to
Vamp

Nah. If there's sharp egdes caused by damage or corrosion then it's an MOT fail. If there's sharp sticky out bits caused because bits have been removed e.g. end caps or the whole bumper, then it's a pass.

John

Reply to
John Greystrong