Liverpool Victoria

Hi, Has anyone got any views on Liverpool Victoria? I just got a quote for a modified Corrado G60 and am a bit dubious about their method of quoting for power increases. When I got the quote they didn't seem to care how much the power was increased by as long as the cc's haven't changed. When I explained the supercharger was modified and spinning faster for more boost all I was asked was if the cc's had increased which obviously they hadn't. Going on this assumption you could buy a Supra TT and it wouldn't make any difference if you modified it to 350bhp or 1000bhp as long as the cc's don't change. Just wondering if anyone's had any problems making a claim with a modified engine?

Homer.

Reply to
Homer

I've got a policy (though not with LV) that states the same, almost they quote by power rather than anything else, which would explain the premium dropping by almost £300 when I "lost" 100 bhp :)

I would go through the details with a fine tooth comb, you may want to have a word wit their modified vehicle department, if they have one

Reply to
dojj

If you get what they said in writing, then surely they cant weasle their way out of any possible claims?

Reply to
Carl Gibbs

In article , snipped-for-privacy@hotmail.com spouted forth into uk.rec.cars.modifications...

I'm with them, as is Jamesy. We both went with them because of their Modified car policy. BTW, what you have been offered is the new policy they have.

Their old one was even better. It went along the lines of, fit sports shocks notify them, get charged a few quid more and lave modified suspension listed, and have the right to unlimited suspension changes (no report needed).

Change an airfilter, get engine mods, do an engine swap. They have got rid of the engine swap trick now, but as you see they are pretty flexible.

A mate of mine did a deal (in writing) where he could make unlimited mods (Including an engine swap) to his Nova 1.2 (he is a real Nova nut and has owned about 30 of them in various states and modifications) upto

250BHP, but no limitation to what he could do suspension/body/wheels and tyres/Ice wise (except he had to notify them of any thing seriously pricey he put in Ice wise and prove security for the car then). That didn't bother him too much as he was a body kit big Ice kind of guy, a tuned engine a nice paint job, and a set of lightweight wheels was more his thing. The deal he got was 25% .ontop of the stock Nova quote for him, to get all the above.
Reply to
MeatballTurbo

Bizarre firm. Has just paid out £1400 on a mate's Renault 21 (petrol

1700) that he bought for around £700 last year. He just got a 21 diesel for £350.

Peter Hill

Indeed I am.

Exactly. All mods declared in their bizarre way, all in black & white, and I'm paying c. £600 FC for a near-300bhp car :-)

BTW, if you're ever looking for credit, they also have some fabulous loan-rates. I took out a

Reply to
Jamesy

snip

Oops!

I took out a loan with them last year, at a frankly astonishing 6.7%. Granted, it was a £15k loan, only over 36 months, but still...!

Reply to
Jamesy

hehe they sound cool to me :)

still they gave me one of the highest quote for my MK1 :( wonder what they say to a SC conversion? :)

Reply to
Vamp