Evening all!

Long time since I last read this group; been busy with a levels and whatnot then too busy enjoying the sun. :( or :)

I've finsihed the Series 3 since I last posted:

Now with a windscreen as I was starting to run out of toothpicks. ;-) Great fun in this weather; equally fun around wet roundabouts with RWD and those tyres. :o

Got most of the bits I need to slot a Rover twincam in there - spare transfer box, LT77 from a 2.0 sherpa, kit to mate the latter to the former, oddles of wiring and a £20 engien I've yet to collect. Insurance seems to be a bit of an arse though; 2 days ringing around yielded only 6 quotes for an 18 y/o on a modified Land-Rover, thankfully Liverpool Vic came up trumps with £700 in my name so I can get me some no claims, but the (new) policies with them allow any modification EXCEPT those that change the engine size or increase its performance. :( Next year maybe; I've got a spare chassis front end I can use to sort out all the engine mounts/wiring/plumbing on so will work on it anyway then if I do find an insurer who'll cover it I can swpa it over in a day or two.

Rover 820 Turbo is probably still in the same state it was when I lasted posted here; broken and uninsurable at the minute.

Recognise some names from last time around; has Skodapilot got his Audi yet? The biturbo sierra V6 of the man with many names still in one piece? Tanuki's Td5 not melted yet?

Cya,

Marko

Reply to
marko

Who are you ? :)

Reply to
Lordy

Nah, a not bad condition £300 Saab 900 T16 has been soaking up my moiney since.

What's this about LV and the way their policies work changing? I'm with LV? And they were always MOD friendly, especially engine ones.

Reply to
MeatballTurbo

What you been smoking?! ;)

Reply to
Carl Gibbs

Well, I've just renewed my policy with them and it would appear to be on exactly the same basis as before, so I don't have to worry for another year! Phew.

Reply to
Jamesy

I head a runour a couple of months ago about changes, but hadn't heard anything since.

They have always been pretty cool with people I know. As it used to be, An airfilter change is the same as a 100BHP Nos kit, and charged the same. And then you have engine mod listed. Don't need to notify them of changes after that to the engine, it is listed as modified.

Just wondered how they had changed things.

Reply to
MeatballTurbo

Tomorrow. :) Gotta pick up the A-level results in the morning then drop the LR off miles away and be back in time for the big pissup in th evening/friday. LOL!

You can do whatever you like to the vehicle, EXCEPT modify the engine so as to increase its performance, or drastically alter the outward appearance so as to make it a please steal me item, for no extra premium.

I'm still not 100% on what their policy is, but over the phone I was told changing the engin size is also a no-no. Will have to ring up as a 'new' customer and enquire; didn't want to risk confusing the call centre lady or them going back on the quote they gave!

Reply to
marko

Marko. Probably listed as marko.cosic/MarkoNTL/markocosic or summat. I'd have expected at least a who the f*ck are you? from lordy though; unusually polite these days? ;-)

Reply to
marko

Good good. Get pissed regardless of results is my advice. A load of people I knew spent the day shatting themselves and ringing UCAS when they didn't really need to be. Will you be trialling the landy?

Hmm. I'll give them a bell and get some specifics. I've got to get quotes on a couple of other things, like a Saab 900 turbo and a Locost. I've got to have something quick before I go mad :P, so it's either a case of buying something quick, or having a mess around with my car. Better brakes are going on the Ka regardless of whether it goes any faster or not, the standard ones are horrid.

Reply to
Doki

Soaking up money? I *know* where you're coming from! £500 worth of rollcage; £200 worth of softtop; £200 worth of harnesses; all in one month - OUCH!

Reply to
marko

I'm thinking, bought for £300 £250 for new tyres £140 new front wheel bearing fitted. £65 for new trackrod end fitted £50 for new CV boot fitted £280 for new Calipers and discs on the front, plus pads all round fited by me. £100 for a bailey alloy recirc dumpvalve to replace the knackered Bosch plastic one. £25 for a basic simple heatshielded cone filter to remove the airbox, and associated 3 miles of plumbin. £20 of vacuum hose to replace the rotted knackered original old stuff. £8 for cheap 80/100 H4 bulbs because the reflectors are faded. Plus all the normal service stuff. Oh and I think either one of the CVs, or the "It's slightly dry, but costs twice the price of the fronts, do you want to leave it for now" rear wheel bearing has started to grumble occasionally. Hard to tell where it is comming from because it ain't that loud yet.

After that, i think the Wishbone bushes and ball joints will need doing, but I can get all the parts for about £50-60 and should be able to fit them myself.

Reply to
MeatballTurbo

i see the smiley so i guess he knows who you are really, i don't though :-S

Reply to
Vamp

MarkoNTL, i remember!

-- Chet

Chet

Duh... ;-)

What'd done is done. :)

Yes; first trial the end of the month IIRC.

Graham Sykes for the locost; silly cheap quotes on youngsters/kitcars.

Just don't use the brakes...

Reply to
marko

Where at?

Will have a shufti. Currently trying decide between a SAAB, a Locost / kitcar or making my Ka go faster than it doesn't.

Not really fond of being in fields in things that aren't tractors :P. TBH the fade is only really bad on very twisty roads, but if the Ka ends up going faster...

Reply to
Doki

WoodPark Farm; Clarbeston Road.

Don't know whether the trial is the sat or sunday yet; probably go to both though and spectate at the comp safari!

Suggest getting somethign already quick then extracting some more out of that; usually much much cheaper.

Reply to
marko

So that will be the Saab first, then the Locost then :)

Reply to
MeatballTurbo