LPG Bargemobile

Ahhh yes, the V8 dilemma. Yes the S500 is better, but the 320CDi competes more with the 350, and is better to drive. Now if we got the 420cdi in the UK that would be a different matter.

Mate has a CL500 - you need one of them you do...

Reply to
Tim S Kemp

Heh - me too...

Reply to
Tim S Kemp

I was stood underneath it for a while today hehe :-) (mine not yours...)

Reply to
Iridium

An Andrew Page one was fine. It was just the Halfords one that was pure donkey s**te.

Reply to
Elder

My heart bleeds for you... My backbox, which to be fair is 90% of the system, is £1100 from Renault.

Reply to
Iridium

How much is the cat.? I'd be more worried about that, given the reputation they have for killing coil packs ;-)

Reply to
SteveH

Not really much of a problem in my business. Cars at work vary enormously, with most people running around in pretty scruffy machines.

I really couldn't GAF. My job isn't to sell stuff. Anyway, I'd much rather have a 560SEC which really does ring the alarm bells image wise.

Reply to
Doki

There can be a bit of that too. I know Halfords bike tubes are known to be s**te.

Reply to
Doki

So, you can have a 240bhp hatch with no space and a 1100 quid exhaust or a

300bhp saloon, huge, and a 270 quid exhaust.
Reply to
Tim S Kemp

Go to newsagent / smiths / supermarket buy the september EVO

Omega. 214mph. 1005BHP.

Elderly relative????

Reply to
Tim S Kemp

Pobabley the best disposable =A3800 I've ever spent. Enough to make me consider finding a newer/better one when needed, or=20 even a RX300 (the boss's missus has one and he uses it to pull the=20 office trailor).

--=20 Carl Robson Audio stream:

Elder

Already read it. Still don't want one.

Reply to
Doki

I feel as though everyone here is making different points. So, in true UKRCM style, I'm gonna suggest the car I own then justify it as the only sensible option using logic only I understand.

Get a Clio V6 - they're reasonably depreciation proof now, especially low mileage ones, ok so you might trip over there, but it'll still be worth a fair wedge even if you broke it for parts. The engines are sound, basic laguna engine with Porsche designed heads - and the whole car was handbuilt in Sweden by the same factory that built (or maybe builds) Volvo cabriolets, and each one had a production log with it that noted every single part that went onto the car, including serial numbers of every bit, and which member of staff put them on. So basicallly, they're well made. Ok luxurys are quite thin on the ground, and the cabin isn't the quietest and if it rains or snows you may well die, but you get aircon and a 6 speed box - that is also very tough. On LPG it would probably be, erm, ok ish I suppose, expect anywhere from 20-30mpg (30 is at best on a long run).

I think I did a fine job.

Reply to
Iridium

Yea pretty much :-)

Reply to
Iridium

I fear even finding out. But, as is often the case, aftermarket parts are cheaper and better. £1000 will get a full Janspeed system with a lifetime warranty, cats and all. £550 will get you a stainless K-Tec backbox to replace the £1100 Renault mild steel ugly one.

And conveniently all my coils were replaced before they broke with the less-shit ones - so they should be good for a while. I keep meaning to get a spare to keep in the car, so if one does go I don't have to drive with it shot to shit.

Reply to
Iridium

Not much point on a MkI, given that half the coils are in a completely inaccessible position to swap over at the roadside.

Reply to
SteveH

Better to buy a Passat instead.

Reply to
Douglas Payne

6 bolts and the inlet plenum is off, then it's game on. Naturally I wouldn't do it I'd phone the RAC and give him the coil. Only a mong puts their hand into a V6 engine bay that hasn't been cooling for at least an hour... It gets a little warm in there...
Reply to
Iridium

Reply to
Tim S Kemp

...? Should I have said "silly person" ?

Reply to
Iridium