MegaSquirt + V6

I've got hold of a cheap Duratec V6 (2.5L jobby from a M reg Mondeo) from a car that was rear ended. I'd like (for educational purposes) to MegaSquirt it. I'm hoping that someone more familiar with this engine can answer a few quick questions:

From examining the loom, it appears that the EDIS controller is seperate from the ECU; does this mean I can use MegaSquirt for fuelling, and retain the standard EDIS module + 6 port coil for ignition?

Apparently these engines have two sorts of variable intake shindiggery. One in the inlet (variable resonance, AFAIK) and one in the valve train. Are these electronically operated? The valve train operates at 12 valves between tickover and 3500rpm, firing up to all 24 valves thereafter. I'm hoping the valve train variations take place as part of an oil pressure movement (i.e something falls into place like old VTEC systems). If not, I presume MS v3 would be required to trigger the various devices @ set rpms?

The PATS system in this is incorporated into the main ECU (code: UGLY), meaning there will be spark, not fuel with the lack of coded key...correct?

I've done a bit of digging, but there doesn't seem to be an abundance of people who have MS'd these engines. Anyone know of a resource?

Reply to
Sandy Nuts

Get yourself over to the forums at

and
where you'll find quite a few people who have done the Duratec and Megasquirt conversion. It's becoming quite popular for Capris.

Reply to
Conor

Just had a butchers and can't find anything on it =( ... possibly being thick, but am I missing something??

Reply to
Sandy Nuts

Post a question in the forum (need to register) :

Conor

Use the Megasquirt with the MS&SExtra code and the EDIS module so you can control both.

Reply to
Depresion