Modified Corsa

Look
A modified car.
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/1993-VAUXHALL-CORSA-LS-SILVER-unfinished-project-/320641228223?pt=Automobiles_UK&hash=item4aa7b4ddbf
Discuss.
(The ad will probably no longer exist by the time you read this.)
On 14/01/2011 22:33, Bob Sherunckle wrote:

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/1993-VAUXHALL-CORSA-LS-SILVER-unfinished-project-/320641228223?pt=Automobiles_UK&hash=item4aa7b4ddbf
I like it. Wouldn't want it, but I admire his effort.
Clive George wrote:

+1
--
Paul - xxx

On 14/01/2011 22:33, Bob Sherunckle wrote:

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/1993-VAUXHALL-CORSA-LS-SILVER-unfinished-project-/320641228223?pt=Automobiles_UK&hash=item4aa7b4ddbf
Looks quite practical if you ever got it finished.
Not sure I'd be all that happy driving about in something someone else had welded together though.
And it's a Corsa.
--
Douglas

Looks quite badly done. I'd agree with you - wouldn't want to be driving it.
This was done pretty well by a fellow ClubCento member:
http://i560.photobucket.com/albums/ss44/dawsondj01/rat/011.jpg
He's 'ratted' it now, which I don't like - but he did the work very neatly.
--
SteveH

Why not just buy a Suzuki Mighty Boy? Or a ute with actual useable load carrying space? I guess you can't polish a turd but you can roll it in glitter.
Fraser
On 18/01/2011 02:00, Fraser Johnston wrote:

Cos the mighty boy was never sold here so getting hold of one isn't easy or cheap. Proper Utes aren't all that common, unless you count 4x4 Navaras, L200s etc. so perhaps the appeal is the uniqueness factor.
The load space on that Cinquecento is an order of magnitude more practical than the boot on a stock one.
Road legal Corsas and Cinquecentos cost pennies here. A couple of weekends with an angle grinder and a cheap chinese MIG welder and Average Joe can have something like that Corsa. Slap on a body kit to hide the rust and it'll appeal to someone in their early 20s, who is probably called Rob.
Anyway, thank goodness these conversions are few and far between.
--
Douglas

*snort*
--
SteveH

You missed out on the mighty boy? Ripped off. Best one I have seen had a v8 stuck in the back driving the rear wheels. It would of been an absolute laugh to drive. I can't really see the point of a ute in a climate where it is raining 90% of the time. : )
Fraser
On 20/01/2011 02:01, Fraser Johnston wrote:

Mighty Boys do look quite funny anyway. V8 ones doubly so.
I suppose you could class the Bedford Rascal / Suzuki Supercarry as a sort of mini ute.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4u17SnkgXx8

I don't think a pallet will fit. Or an 8x4 sheet.
Yeah, the Majority of pickups I see never have anything in the back anyway. Shit in the open gets wet, frozen or stolen.
Vans are where it's at. You can lock them and everything.
--
Douglas

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/1993-VAUXHALL-CORSA-LS-SILVER-unfinished-project-/320641228223?pt=Automobiles_UK&hash=item4aa7b4ddbf
I'm almost vomiting too hard to type.
Fraser

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/1993-VAUXHALL-CORSA-LS-SILVER-unfinished-project-/320641228223?pt=Automobiles_UK&hash=item4aa7b4ddbf
Careful now lads.
We nearly had the beginnings of a thread here with people contributing and everything.
Stop before it goes any further.

There is hope for ukrcm yet. : )
Fraser