Wheel colour and modification suggestions for Golf GTi

I should have the golf by the end of this week, maybe even as early as Thursday!

I was wondering what you think I should do with it? I have already listed the current modifications in the S13 Vs GTi thread

"It already has some 16" multispokes in good condition, I think they are TSW. It also has a twin 3" Scorpion exhaust up to the manifold and a bonrath badgeless 3 slat single lamp grill but the original twin lamp GTi grill is currently in place. I am considering buying a badgeless twin head lamp grill for the extra night time driving capability, and aesthetics.

BTW it is an 8v model with a big valve head and piper cams but no vernier pulley, it needs to be rebuilt though (piston rings, maybe a re-ground crank...etc) so I will probably add a matching vernier pulley and lightening+balanced flywheel when I do so."

It is also has the 90 spec big bumpers.

Potential alloys:

SteveH's previous suggestions incase you didn't read his post/the thread:

"Modifying a Golf..... lower, sit on chunky steels and ensure you have slim bumpers. Crystal headlamps and M3-alike rear lamps and a bee-sting. Job done. No bodykits, no oversized wheels. Some things are best left mainly as the maker intended."

I have local access to powder coating facilities, what colour do you think suits the golf best?

I personally like either standard alloy silver or like a satin black, but I think polished(and re-lacquered)/chromed may look good too?

Reply to
REMUS

Rallye steels or BBS / BBS lookalikes as fitted by VW to the GTi. I'd go for silver. Chrome is a bit german and if you had black wheels you'd have to make it mental...

Reply to
doki

What ET should I be looking for? the replica Azev A alloys are et 35

Reply to
REMUS

Mk2 golf? 35 should be OK unless you are running mega wide or bigger than 16"

Reply to
Depresion

hmm, what do you guys think of this mk2?

I don't like the wheels or the side skirts and the duel paint scheme is love or hate I imagine, but I do like that front spoiler, although it does look a little out of place from the side... but as a plus it would set mine appart from the average GTi I hope, in a positive way.

Or maybe i'm just tired.... I tend to do stupid things like become a "The Faders" fan over night ;)

Although that black is exactly the type I would like to achieve if I do get mine re-sprayed.

There's also this silver GTi

which has a fairly nice roof tip spoiler and blended arches?

what do you think of g60 arch's:

I suppose I would have to get some really nice wide alloys to fill them up though. I quite like these grill spoilers:
Smoothed tailgate (if I did this then I guess I would spend the time to smooth everything), is it, yes euro look! or no, you chav!
Keep the wing mirrors standard or go for m3, dtm... etc

I'm going to catch some sleep before I blabber on anymore.

Reply to
REMUS

I'm gonna try and NOT think of it again.

Reply to
DanTXD

urghh... I hate staying up too late my taste and sensibilties go out of the window, I knew when I was looking at it that it was wrong, but I rationalised it that it was different.

Reply to
REMUS

The wheels weren't bad, as wheels, not sure they really suited the 'car'.

Reply to
DanTXD

The arches running into the bumper sort of work. I don't like the wheels. The sicko in me actually likes that paint scheme for some reason.....

It looks s**te as low as that. Really s**te. IMHO.

Very hard to tell from that picture, with the wheels pointed that way and the shot not taken side-on, but I can't imagine they look terrible.

Peter

Reply to
AstraVanMan

Plus the bumpers have some quite large gaps where they're fitted.

Reply to
DanTXD