More tales of inept spannerage.

Spent this afternoon faffing about with the R30. I've finally put the injection system back together, but haven't gone to start it yet as the rest of the fuel system is absolutely minging with stale fuel.

Of course, after rebuilding it I thought I'd jump start it off the Rangie, but I've not used that since September so that had a flat battery as well. A mate popped round with one of those "RAC Jump Start" packs that Halfords should really put in Christmas Crackers - and that, naturally, made f*ck all difference so I've ended up putting the Rangie battery, the Renault battery and the Jump Start pack battery on charge for the night.

Now, I doubt many of the regulars in 'ere have spent any time trying to reanimate a car that hasn't been run properly for 20 years, but I've read on a forum somewhere or other that adding ATF to the fuel in the tank will shift the varnish and is sort of high octaneish so shouldn't f*ck the engine up too much. I really can't be arsed dropping the fuel tank to drain it so I might give it a go for a laugh. Anyone got any better suggestions? I think it's beyond a shot of Redex :-D

Reply to
Pete M