How to knock almost 3 secs of your 0-60 for zero cost.

where's my angle grinder :)

Reply to
vamp

seen it before but last time they didn't chop the roof :)

wouldn't it have been easier to jus fit a supercharger to a new car than chop it to shit :)

Reply to
dojj

Seems a bit extreme for such a slow 0 to 60... How do they afford to do that????

I could have fitted an extra coupleahundred horsepower to it for next to nothing...

My dites updated again incidentally.....

Burgerman

Homer

Yea we figured they might :) Cheers for your advice tho! We reckon we've got it figured as to the rigging up, s'more of a monetary thing now, we're all skint students and can't afford the £100 if we melt the engine in the RC car :)

Reply to
Dan405

Thid id broken when viewes uding Netdcape 7.

Peter Hill

wow they made a caterfield out of a saloon!

Reply to
Theo

God, I'm surprised they let them run a car up the strip with no roll protection. Leaving the B pillar on lost them about 1 sec - massive drag and all that weight. OK having something to hang a seat belt off made the driver feel a bit more secure. In a roll it would have folded over instantly, possibly into the drivers head. In a smash the force and leverage at the seat belt top point would have moved it a long way.

Wonder if they welded it all back together and flogged it someone?

Peter Hill

when i first saw it i assumed they sprayed it yellow and covered up welds with pedestrian killing body kit ;)

Reply to
pi

Suggest you get Internut Exploder.

Most things are "broken" when using Netscape... Thats why now only about 5 percent of the web use it.

Consequently most web designers no longer worry about making sites netscape compatible any mor. Me included...

Everybody may hate Bill but his browser actually is the only one that seems to work properly and its free.

Reply to
Burgerman

Hmm... I do, and most other professionals are concerned if it completely fails on minority browsers 'cos you lose 5% of your customers. I spend many hours testing my sites on obscure versions, because you can bet your ass that the customer is using one of them (Mac IE4 is a bastard)

Netscape 7 is also free, but I would recommend the lighter "cousin" Mozilla Firebird 0.7 - I converted to it from Internet Explorer because it crashes 10 times less, is twice as quick, has good popup blocking ad filtering and the excellent "tabbed browsing".

Gareth PS. The problem is that your redirect goes to a .asp file which has the wrong Content-Type set on the server.

Reply to
Gareth A.

Ok it forwards to the root now...

But it will still display wrong or screw up in netscape like almost everythingh else does.

I used to spend hours buggering about making sites that worked as well as poss in lots of browsers, but the figures are so lw now its just not worth the time! Especially as I am not selling anything!

And I know its prolly not Netscapes fault that microsoft keep adding new "features" and altering everything but thats how it is...

Anyway I would be interested to hear what it looks like in nutscrape!

PS I use this IE6 everyday on XP with ZERO crashes.... This machines also a web/ftp server and my router for the rest of the building, and my workstation! Its been up solidly (apart from reboots when software installation etc asks) for about 5 months completely crash free! (I dont believe it either but it seems Bill finally got there...(ish)

Reply to
Burgerman

yeah, but for hardc0re (note the zero) geeks, features don't matter, its performance. Much like putting a nutty cam in something.

Reply to
pi

Yes but its no faster at anything. The only slow part is the web... And it actually redraws or refreshes the screen much slower when you resize the window etc. And it looks cak too.

Reply to
Burgerman

i dunno, i use moz (not firebird, i'm lazy) and i've always found it quicker than ie, this may be because i've always used netscape/moz and never gotten to like IE. If you want proper speed and proper lack of features, you want lynx (or links).

Reply to
pi

I'm failing to think of possible ways to roll a car on a dragstrip !

Reply to
Nom

I have seen lots rolled! And some end over end! Some look more like aircrashes, and get higher too! York raceway, ford pop broke rose joint on steering when the front wheel landed and swerved towards the fields at high speed for eg, another Spinning due to sudden wheelspin at high speed as the nitrous hits on the

2nd or third stage, and burst tyres due to lowered pressure and wheelspin causing loss of control, parachute faliure and loss of control, etc etc... Some of the highest speed crashes ever happen drag racing. Ever seen a top fuel car "explode" at 300 mph? It all happens so suddenly you cant really see what happened.
Reply to
Burgerman

But we're talking about a FWD car !

Reply to
Nom

It' s more than possible. One wheel hooks up - the other gets tyre shake. The car spears into the barrier or worse still partially vaults it and then barrel rolls down the track.

Unlikely with a chopped down FWD hatchback right here.

Reply to
Bob Sherunckle