MOT Passed

Militery terminology I believe. D.E.R.V "Diesel Engined Road Vehicle" Fuel for use in, on tanks and storage cans. As I understood it. Doesn't have to make sense to mere mortals, just to quartermasters and their lists and mandates.

Reply to
Elder

Except that a tank, in the context of an AFV, isn't a road vehicle.

Reply to
Brimstone

Tank as in storage vessel like a can but the size of a student bedsit.

Reply to
Elder

So do mine now I spent a massive =A315 getting another set.

Sure I'll save the difference in no time, given it did 45mpg on a run to London and back yesterday. ;-)

--=20 JackH

Reply to
jackhackettuk

Because it doesn't, YTC... nice try though.

"The term DERV (short for "diesel engined road vehicle") is also used in the UK as a synonym for diesel fuel."

HTH... now f*ck off.

Thanks.

Reply to
jackhackettuk

No it's not - see my reply to it, whatever it is (1).

(1) Bar a TC

Reply to
jackhackettuk

Militereh !!1!!

Reply to
.

This may come as a shock to you, but cars don't drink.

Reply to
Ian Dalziel

*originally*.

Diesel was originally a surname.

So that's "Fuel for an engine which operates on the general principle invented by Diesel". That'll look snappy on the sign.

Language changes. "Bollocks" originally referred only to testicles.

Reply to
Ian Dalziel

I think that was his point: "how can a car drink DERV" "how can a car drink Diesel Engined Road Vehicle"

Reply to
Judge Fishy