New arrival: Saab 9000 no. 2

Having decided to claim on insurance for Saab 9000 No. 1 since the clutch slave cylinder (big job) has gone rather than the clutch master cylinder (much smaller job), I bought the following:

Not bad: 1997 2.3 Ecopower turbo. Needs a clean. Definately. Drives great - and I'll pull some of the bits off the damaged one to put into this, such as the towbar and other bits. Paid £640 which isn't bad and was under what he wanted for a b.i.n. Leather, new Saab alloys, climate control (which I've got working), sunroof, all electrics work although temp. guage works only sometimes and CD player will be swapped as it's duff. It's got a few dings but no dents and basically needs a good tidy up.

Hopefully it'll last longer than 2 days. The local newspaper's doing an article on the damaged one so maybe that'll turn something up?

David

Reply to
David Lane

Any bits off a FPT that you might like?

-- Chet

2002 SEAT Leon 20vT - 1994 Renault 19 16v Cabrio - 1992 Saab 9000 2.3fpt 1991 Integrale 16v - 1991 Renault 19 16v - 1983 Wife who says theres too many cars
Reply to
Chet

Not sure - I'll find out over the next few days what is and what isn't working. The temp sender is an oddity, but there's other bits too.

I've got one of them. Don't you live in Ireland? That's where I found mine (in Coleraine but she's from Galway). Is it something in the water? ;-)

Reply to
David Lane

Heh, i got mine in the UK :D

-- Chet

2002 SEAT Leon 20vT - 1994 Renault 19 16v Cabrio - 1992 Saab 9000 2.3fpt 1991 Integrale 16v - 1991 Renault 19 16v - 1983 Wife who says theres too many cars
Reply to
Chet

Yay for imports.

Reply to
carl.robson

I need the transistor that makes the climate control fan work properly - black with yellow on.

Oh, and a FPT wouldn't go amiss ;-)

Besides that the big Saab is proving to be a good'un. 1800 miles with nothing to go wrong. At least now it's got decent front tyres and has stopped spinning them at anything over 3k revs.

Reply to
David Lane

All you need is the FPT ECU and the APC solenoid.

Reply to
Elder

Mine is bypassing the APC now and using a manual boost controller.

-- Chet

2002 SEAT Leon 20vT - 1994 Renault 19 16v Cabrio 1991 Integrale 16v - 1991 Renault 19 16v - 1982 Wife who says theres too many cars
Reply to
Chet

Oh dear, so you bypassed knock control too then?

You want bigger boost, you swap the ECU for a tuned one if it is the combined ecu/apc, or you tweak the apc if it is the older seperate kind.

You still get control of the peak boost the rate of rise the boost, but the factory knock protection stays in place. that is why a lot the volvo turbo builders fit APCs as part of their backyard turbo build.

Reply to
Elder