Newsgroup's feisty tonight :)

Whatcha got? Nova?

Peter

Reply to
AstraVanMan

Carlton, you big namby pamby ex Vauxhall now Audi man. (c:

Douglas

Reply to
Douglas Payne

Ah - a proper car. Couldn't remember - is it a GSI 24v?

At the weekend I test drove an RWD A6 TDI. Well, it was FWD as well, can't remember what they call 'em - summat with a q.

Only thing was, didn't really give it enough welly to appreciate the difference, and didn't pay attention to the reduced amount of torque steer. What a plonker. It was definitely noticeably slower than mine though (transmission losses).

Oops, sorry not being fiesty enough............

Yeah, well get back to us in a year where your Vauxhall's rusted away and let us know what you're driving :-)

Peter

Reply to
AstraVanMan

Audi's have NO suspension travel

and are just Skodas in drag

Reply to
Tim S Kemp

Or studying in Lincolnshite.

Reply to
Tim S Kemp

There is only 1 condition to being a real Volvo, dose it look like a brick?

Oh make that 2, dose it look like a brick and have a tartan rug in the back.

No make that 3 (what have the Scandinavians ever done for us?) dose it look like a brick, have a tartan rug in the back and an 82 year old driver.

Reply to
Depresion

Getting to Hull is easy just go up the east coast till you find somewhere you think looks a bit dodgy then stop.

Reply to
Depresion

Corrected.

Reply to
Depresion

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Don't you mean 'smells of fish'?

Reply to
SteveH

Nah, they were for pansies, mine is a 2.6 Diplomat. Does around 55 in 1st.

Quim?

SIR, STEP AWAY FROM THE SHANDY.

More like it. Bought it for not very much. If it passes an MOT in april I'll keep it, if not, its banger racing time!

I've got a few ideas about what the next car's gonna be. Best ones are impulse buys IMHO, as long as they are reasonably good 'uns.

Douglas

Reply to
Douglas Payne

No, that's further south, beyond the Humber.

Reply to
DervMan

Ooooh 40-30.

Reply to
DervMan

In other words the gear box is broken and it only has one gear.

Reply to
Depresion

Grimsby? or depressions girlfriends house?

Reply to
Tim S Kemp

But you don't have to make applications in writing to the manufacturer of the car for permission to overtake in a petrol.

Reply to
Tim S Kemp

No, he means it's a thirsty, lurchy, slow automatic that's always in the wrong ratio.

Reply to
Tim S Kemp

DOES (tosser)

DOES (illiterate tosser)

D O E S (thick illiterate tosser)

Reply to
Tim S Kemp

"illiterate tax cheating, wife swapping pot smoking spend-o-crat"

Hey, I am no longer illiterate

Reply to
Depresion

Are all the Diplomats autos? Nice cars - my neighbour's had one from new, still got it and it still looks like it just came out of the showroom. You can pick up a minter for peanuts these days though - quite fancy one, maybe.

Good idea. I might get back to that philosophy one day - there are so many good fun cheap cars out there that I've yet to own. So far I've been a bit boring, only having had 1.1 / 1.3 Mk3 Escorts, an Astra van (Mk2 1.3), a few Carlton Estates (2 litre, 2.3D, 2.3TD), a Fiesta van (Mk5, 1.8TDi), a BX

1.6, an Omega Elite 2.5TD, a Daewoo Leganza, and an Audi A6. Reminder to self - buy nutty car that doesn't matter if I treat it like shit and rag it to death, yet is also fun to drive.

Peter

Reply to
AstraVanMan

I manage ok.