Next car?

I saw one of those the other day and thought to myself that it would probably be a cracking secondhand buy. Do they handle as well as the Golf?

Peter

Reply to
AstraVanMan

Or you could spend a bit more and get a later 24v one, if it's a VANOS one all the better. Though I would have thought minimum for one of those would be about a grand. Timing chain though, so no belt to worry about. Just an expensive chain instead...........

Peter

Reply to
AstraVanMan

Better. The weight at the back makes them more balanced. Lovely cars and the boot is /huge/.

Richard

Reply to
Richard Kilpatrick

In news:J0J0d.5188$ snipped-for-privacy@news-text.cableinet.net, Pete M decided to enlighten our sheltered souls with a rant as follows

Damn and blast, two Welsh blokes turned up tonight and bought it. No haggling or f*ck all "Here's the cash then"...

Reply to
Pete M

In article ,=20 snipped-for-privacy@blue-nopressedmeat-yonder.co.uk spouted forth into=20 uk.rec.cars.modifications...

Do the paperwork ASAP, they probably want it for sheep rustling or=20 something.

Nobody does that. Everybody wants some money off if they can get it.

--=20 Carl Robson (The poster formerly known as Skodapilot)

MeatballTurbo

Yep - trouble is, the 168bhp lump lives in the expensive-GTi6, and the

155bhp lump lives in the not-as-good-as-the-GTi6-S16. ZXs with the 155bhp version (168bhp lump went in the XSara instead) are made from unobtanium.

You either pay through the nose for the hot 306, or pay less for the always-second-best 306 (and then spend loads of additional cash fitting the

6-speed box and GTi6 brakes...), or pay less still for the impossible-to-find ZX :/

Having said all that, Doki is used to underpowered stuffs - the 120bhp 2.0

8v unit isn't bad at all - I got on just fine with the one in my 405...
Reply to
Nom

You didn't care what your Ka and Volvo looked like, otherwise you wouldn't have bought them ?

You want the moon on a stick, you do !

:)

Reply to
Nom

Bottom ends are pretty strong, afterall they shoved these lumps in transits :-) Timing chain needs doing at 100K, just make sure you have receipts for the work done, much smoother motor than a pinto.(not hard..)

Reply to
Chris

A mate of mine has his Citroen BX TD estate up for sale - it's quick, plastic-bodied, and can have three bikes slung in the boot. You should be able to find one for less than 500 notes too. Since it's white, (well, various shades of grey) huge and generally knackered, it got christened the Millenium Falcon. And it can sit at the ton without bankrupting you as well.

Cheers,

Reply to
James Dore

James Dore ( snipped-for-privacy@new.oxford.ac.uk) gurgled happily, sounding much like they were saying :

No, it's not. The bonnet and tailgate are, but the shell is steel. They don't rot badly, though.

Easily.

Reply to
Adrian

The message from Adrian contains these words:

I looked at two when I was looking for a diesel estate - and they were both rotten really badly inside the boot floor.

Reply to
Guy King

Indeed - lots of nice galvanising.

cheers, clive