Nitrous on BBC Breakfast

Did anyone see it? Basically about boy racers and nitrous. Nice bit of negative reporting at the end, I thought the BBC was supposed to be impartial? :P

Reply to
Abo

Maybe the chubby Boy Racer has a relative in the production team who felt compelled to put his face on TV.

I looked at the 'adult TV stars' piece as well and it was equally vacuous and meaningless.

I didn't check the running times of these pieces but I bet they're produced to fill 'x' amount of time and serve no other purpose.

Reply to
Mark W

nice MR2 and an IMOC member too, shame it wasn't a turbo. and the AA tosser, what 17-18 year old mods there car to get an extra 200bhp? FFS lol

Reply to
Vamp

I stuck a purpose built 4.5 V8 in my bros 1.6 GL Sierra Saphire with crower turbo race cam forged pistons, big valves, solid lifters, home made manifold with downdraft webber carbs bored out on my lathe and added 2x 140bhp nitrous systems to it (home built of course). Ticked over like a bike engine. He wanted to show all the local front drive boy racers what a proper car goes like down the sea front where they all hang so I helped a bit... Finished up entering the Rover V8 challenge for two years running and doing pretty well considering he drove there! Quarter mile long 3rd gear burnouts etc... He was 18 though... Had to sell it as he couldnt afford to maintain/fix/run it. Sadly the tit who bought it fitted a 1.6 pinto and stock running gear as his wife couldnt drive it or cope with the on off group N Cossie paddle clutch, or the very stiff suspension etc.

Reply to
Burgerman