no one shopping at crap-mart

> Ovr retail sales did pretty well the first quarter.

> > The except was the US largest retailer, which helped > > pull down all the stock indices the past few days. > > Perhaps no one is interested in their junk except > > their own poorly paid serfs. > They are too huge now. People have to walk 5 miles in their huge boxes just > to find what they want, and then stand in checkout lines for 30

minutes.

Hm. You're right. My sister, the Olympic-class shopper, recently guilted us into driving her to the WallyWorld (Supercenter?) in Danville VA. Then we went for a cup of coffee and a drive around the city while she was shopping. We picked her up in two hours, thinking she'd be full of stories about how much fun she had; instead, she said it was the same old junk and even the clerks didn't know where anything was. After she made a trip to a far corner to visit the restroom, trekked back to the opposite corner to look for some plants (which weren't where they were supposed to be, and she never did find them), asked a half-dozen clerks for help or directions or even guesses - it was time for us to pick her up. She swore she would never go back.

> WAG is eating WallyMarts lunch imo--- Walgreens have turned

themselves into

Mini-wal-marts , with just as good prices, and NO waiting checkouts or long > walks.

Well, if you were trying to take the cheerful view of the whole experience, maybe that much walking could be good for you, but breathing a poorly-ventilated mixture of exotic preservatives, chemicals and bugsprays while you do it certainly isn't. I wonder if you could collect samples of 20-year-old air in some of those stores. The fluorescent lighting bothers my eyes, and always makes me think, this is what horror movies would look like if they used light instead of shadow to set the mood.

Reply to
·ElaineJ

They are always moving the stock at Wally World. Cappacino is placed in with the bottled water, not in the section with coffee. But French bottled water is in with the cocktail mixers. None is sold with the rest of the bottled water. Is this done so that a person must walk around the store looking for things and just buy more stuff? The last time water pistols were in with swimming pool stuff. It took an associate a bit of time to find them. Everyone thought they should be in the toy section and so did I..

Reply to
·Pumbaa