Now, for a little more spare cash, I would love these.

And yes, they will fit without a sledgehammer.

Reply to
Sleeker GT Phwoar

"These wheels will get looks now other wheels will give you"

Not really a strong selling point, eh? ;)

Reply to
-=Dan=- ©

Thing is, they will bolt straight up to mine, nave no clearance issues, should weigh less, be atleast as strong, and reduce the unsprung weight on the car.

Can't see a down side apart cost, and some scrote trying to steal them.

Reply to
Sleeker GT Phwoar

But he says that other wheels will get the same looks, so get some others for cheaper. Sorry, just being a tit. Yes, they do look nice, but it looks quite obvious that they are just wheels with carbon fibre stickers on them?

Dan

Reply to
-=Dan=- ©

I was gonna say, a few nice stone chips in that carbon coating and they'll look a mess.

Reply to
DanTXD

Ah yeah, ok. That comment is from the same kind of git that buys a car and then starts spending a fortune on bits, before he's paid for the car.

Reply to
Sleeker GT Phwoar

I think it's a bit more than a coating (as in stick on faux carbon).

I think it is a very thin alloy core, with the strength built up from=20 proper carbon layers in a decent thickness.

--=20 "Sorry Sir, the meatballs are Orf" The poster formerly known as Skodapilot.

Sleeker GT Phwoar

They look quite nice, and interesting, and stuff.

Reply to
Questions

I think he is just a bit of a Max Power Chave muppet. Bought (for a Chav) a flash car (Celica VVTi) on credit, maxed (of course) his Credit card on "Mods", then found he can't pay for his car and has to sell something.

Was looking at second hand 17"'s because the extra weight, and skinny profile tyres normally causes tramlining on a GT4, but they should be lighter than normal alloys, so they reduce the unsprung mass.

Still, any Audi/VW owners on here could bolt them straight up to say a Turbo quattro of some kind, or maybe an A6 TDi.

Reply to
Sleeker GT Phwoar

I really like these wheels, expect to see lots of them this year on demo cars and the like, i'm also waiting for the first terrible replica ones to appear :o)

Mason

Reply to
Mason

You mean Faux Carbon 13" wheel trims? With Chrome spinner attachments?

Reply to
Sleeker GT Phwoar

They aren't light - they're just normal alloys, with a carbon-fibre coating !

I've seen em before on my travels - they're usually only a couple of hundred quid more than normal rims...

Reply to
Nom

Unfortunately, it's not.

Those ones are just the standard carbon-coated tat for the rice brigade...

Reply to
Nom

They do make genuine CF rins but they cost a metric fuckload.

Reply to
Mason

Yep.

Reply to
Nom

You sure? looking at the Design System 01 website (or one of it's resellers. That=20 isn't how they describe them.

a bit more than stick on carbon.

--=20 "Sorry Sir, the meatballs are Orf" The poster formerly known as Skodapilot.

Sleeker GT Phwoar

See my other reply. Look cool though.

Reply to
Sleeker GT Phwoar

I rekon so !

It sounds exactly like stick-on carbon to me !

They aren't exactly describing them as ultra-light-weight carbon fibre rims !

Reply to
Nom

Nope true, but how many alloys are marked as ultra light either.

Done right with Carbon, you could have a very stiff, strong wheel (would way a bucket), a very light, strong wheel (but may flex and wobble), or a very stiff, light wheel (but may be brittle).

To get a very stiff, light, strong wheel would cost a lot more. Carbon fibre is just like anything else. If you are working on a budget,

2 from 3 is achievable, all 3 costs.
Reply to
Sleeker GT Phwoar

Oz Super Leggera.

Er, I can't think of any more :)

Yes, and you can get proper carbon wheels ! But they cost £ALL.

Those eBay ones are just standard alloys, "painted" in carbon instead of silver.

Reply to
Nom