Oh, bugger

It appears that I've left my mini-fridge plugged in in the boot of the Passat.

Which has killed the battery.

I can't even get into the boot to unplug it.

Think I may need to find my booster pack and charge it up overnight.

Reply to
SteveH

In news:1hzzady.u6q5yywcf4n1N% snipped-for-privacy@italiancar.co.uk, SteveH wittered on forthwith;

Oooh eck.

Crumbs.

No key hole in the boot?

'spect so. Be careful you don't fry the electrics.

Reply to
Pete M

It has been plugged in since 7am this morning. The car has been sat outside the house since 2.30pm this afternoon.

No real surprise it's dead.

No - just in the driver's door.

I can get intot he car, but *everything* is dead.

Not my car, not my problem ;-)

The problem, however, is finding the battery under all that plastic ;-)

Reply to
SteveH

Just tried the booster. Enough in it to power everything up, but not enough to start the engine.

It's on charge overnight. I hope 7 hours is enough.

I think I may have to take the booster with me tomorrow, just in case I stall it, or stop anywhere before the battery has regained enough charge to restart it.

Dan suggested a bump-start.......

Reply to
SteveH

Should be. You'll probably find it'll start in a couple of hours tbh.

once it is running it'll probably be ok once you've done 10-15 miles.

Should've jumped it off the 75. That'd be ironic.

Reply to
Pete M

Heh. More than likely I'd jump it off the 156, 'cos that's in front of the 75 on the drive.

Reply to
SteveH

Thank you God.

Reply to
Steve Firth

Yeh go on, put the booster in the boot.

Reply to
Steve Firth

Mine is a one amp charge rate with an 17 amp/hour battery, so takes about

24 hours for a full charge from flat. 1 amp at 12 volts is about the maximum you can get from a non SMPS wall wart.

It will happily start my V-8 even if that battery is totally flat. Not bad for a 20 quid device bought 3 years ago.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

So, who cares. What a pointless post!

May as well post...

I got up and had a shit, shave and a shower this morning!

Reply to
diy-newby

I did the same. Only this afternoon :-p

Reply to
Iridium

Lazy git!!! :-)

Reply to
diy-newby

It wasn't enough.

Neither was a set of jump leads from the 156.

Both of them together *just* got it to turn over enough to fire.

I knew diesels were high compresson, but that's taking the piss.

Reply to
SteveH

Heh, did that a few weeks ago, mate's S80 in garage, just fits (boot to bumper) but been stood ages so battery dead. Jump leads in boot. There's an emergency lock but you can't open the boot because it's about 5mm from the back wall.

Reply to
Tim S Kemp

Easy to do in the Ford as well, because once it's in the garage the back door is right against the wall and it lifts up to open. I had the garage built to take a LWB Land Rover, and it's astounding that the Ford only just fits.

Reply to
Steve Firth

there's a jump point at the front on volvos well there is on the S60

Reply to
Vamp

Have you got cheap leads?

Reply to
Carl Gibbs

No you didn't, judging by your posts in here today, you're not old enough to shave :)

Reply to
Tony Bond

"diy-newby" wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@pipex.net:

No, don't bother. You are Ken, AICM £5

Reply to
Stuart G Gray

My jump start pack reckons on 600 amps for 5 seconds. Should be enough to start any diesel car in this weather.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)