Old Corollas...

Right, been looking around Honest John's page, and he says the Corolla estate was RWD. Anyone know if they go sideways like the AE86? :P

Reply to
Doki

Yes, the old 70's early 80's models....

Reply to
chris

i'd love an AE86 but there so bloody rare and over priced!

Reply to
Vamp

Did it have a 1600cc wide valve angle twin cam engine? (= Yamaha) Or a narrow valve angle 8 or 12 valve engine? (= Toyota)

One will, other one won't.

Toyota without a Yamaha engine is sad. Nissan without a petrol turbo is sad.

Peter Hill

I've no idea what motor they have. I can't find any details about them on the interweb and suspect actually finding one in the flesh to have a look will be pretty difficult. The suspension might be s**te as well...

Reply to
Doki

Yep, cheapest I've seen was about £1300.

Reply to
Doki

That's not overpriced for what it is, IMHO. An appreciating future classic.

Reply to
SteveH

I've only ever seen the one at that price though. The vast majority are over the 3 grand mark.

Reply to
Doki

Wish someone told me that 7 years ago when I had an immaculate one :-(

Reply to
Homer

Some of the older Corollas, Starlets, vans etc had the "K" series engine - OHV, 8valve, available as 1.0, 1.2, 1.3, 1.5 (rare) There was also another engine series available in the Corollas, up to 1.6 I think but it wasn't as good as the 4A-GE twincam one. Heavier, less power.

I got both :-)

1992 GTi-R with SR20DET 1975 Toyota 1000 with 4A-GE - sorry, but I scrapped the AE86 except engine, gearbox and rear axle
Reply to
Aaron Anderson

"Peter Hill" wrote

I saw a local ad for a Nissan Bluebird Turbo Convertible... was desperate to find out more but it'd sold before I got there. Was only about £200

Reply to
Fishman19