OMG petrol prices.

Filled up the Saab with Tesco super, on my normal weekly fill. And this is the first month since I've had it, that a weekly fill has been less than £40 for a normal week. It even ran slightly more economically too.

Hope these prices keep falling, it only has to go down another 5p for Super to be sub-£1 a litre too.

Reply to
Elder

99.9 down here already
Reply to
Vamp

Awesome! How much is regular unleaded down there then?

Reply to
DanB

Premium is 99.9 Super is is 104.9 for Tesco 99, don't know about=20 V=3DPower/Ultimate.

--=20 Carl Robson Audio stream:

Playing at home:Frank the Baptist-beg steal and borrow

Elder

Yup - loads of places around here are 99.9, and weirdly enough a fair few of them are those that always used to be the most expensive around (and most of those ones happen to be BPs).

Reply to
AstraVanMann

Bad form, yadayadayada, I was on about normal unleaded. My bad.

Reply to
AstraVanMann

You say that like its a good thing. When it went up to 50p a gallon I swore I wouldnt buy any more and thought that that was rediculous. It went from

34p to 50p a gallon in a few months. 1976 or 7 I think. Nearly couldnt afford to fill my FS1E...

Thats a Gallon not a litre. That makes it about 10p a litre. Ten times cheaper than sainsburies today when I filled up. And I went to the US a few years ago, they were moaning about fuel prices then. It was half a dollar a gallon. or about 25p!

Reply to
Burgerman

when i went to the US last may i filled the 3.6 suzuki we had with 50 dollars and that gave us 500miles! on basically 25 quid!

Reply to
Vamp

It's a while since I was there, but it was $1/US Gallon. The car took 20 gallons and did 10mpg flat out. So it was $20 every 200 miles, roughly every

2 hrs.

That was fun.

Reply to
Tim S Kemp

mmm Yes... You already heard the story about me not being allowed back to the US and the helicopters and road blocks right?

Reply to
Burgerman

I drove a '70 Cadillac Fleetwood across the states in the early 90s. That was cheap :-)

Reply to
Pete M

this in real life or on GTA4? cos if it's GTA4 it happens to me a lot

Reply to
Vamp

No it was real and very unexpected.

Reply to
Burgerman

It's the same as importing a car. He adds the tax on then adds the VAT so you end up paying VAT on the tax you've just paid.

Reply to
Homer

...go on then :-)?

Reply to
DanB

Standard gasoline is now somewhere around the price of LPG at the moment.

Reply to
DervMan

VAT on fuel Duty on Fuel VAT on Duty

yes, they tax the duty too.

Reply to
Elder

Yup. I always thought it was fuel + duty, and VAT added to that total. Same thing as what you said really though - both the basic fuel price and the fuel duty gets VAT added on. Great plan - wish I'd thought of it.

Reply to
AstraVanMann

The VAT goes into the european pot and then they are given some back. The duty stays in the government coffers from the off.

Reply to
John

"DanB" wrote in message news: snipped-for-privacy@mid.individual.net...

Long story short. Went with a freind 20 years back to los angeles airport, picked up hire car. Had 10 days. Wanted to see as much as possible and drive to texas to collect T4 turbo system for big suzuki drag bike from mr.turbo aka terry kizer. So went south, mexico to party (lost car for a day and a half)... Went back up the coast to LA and turned east to drive across nevada past bakersfield etc to the las vegas. All the roads were desert, empty, straight and about 400 miles between towns. And I use the term loosely. A town consists generally of a wooden hut or two, a motel, a bar, resturant and a petrol station. In one case all run by one guy! And he was also the radio station we had been listening too... Drag raced the hire car at las vegas drag strip, and went through death valley and up north to seatle as you do. Thing is all these small "towns" and very long totally deserted roads through miles of desert is a bit boring even at 100 plus. The cruise control was set to more than this due to a big hill... We drank beer, lived in the car, drove and drove all at rather high speed. for days. Then just as I was about to leave nevada I came over a rise in the road and met a big bunch of blue and red flashing lights and cops with guns... I thought they must be looking for a bank robber or something and pulled off the road and stopped before I reached them. I was most surprised to find myself dragged out of car at gunpoint and searched etc.

Was given bail to appear in the court of nevada 2 days after I flew home. I sort of lied a bit about my return date... Was told that if I had been local would be in court in the morning and go to jail!

So I continued my trip, collected turbo and went to san frans disco and further as far as seattle and back to LA then home. 4500 miles in 10 days. 3 of which were wasted sunbathing, sightseeing in the grand canyon etc.

Anyway they tried me in my absense for the speeding and sent me a bill for a large amount here in the uk! And chased it up with a debt chasing company. And advised me that I now had an outstanding bail jumping charge against me. They get a bit stressy over speeding over there.

Reply to
Burgerman