OT : Bike Fun

Hehehe - well, yes ;-)

Reply to
DanB

to be honest i've always thought as soon a bike hits diesel it would be in trouble but then i've never ridden a bike only ever been on the back of a few. i've hit diesel in a car on a roundabout and i was going fairly quickly it was in my MR2 Turbo and that got a little out of shape but only when it touched it as soon as it hit dry tarmac it came back into shape with a little correction.

Reply to
Vamp

'a little out of shape' on a bike doesn't then come back into shape, unfortunately.

Reply to
PCPaul

Another one that doesn't ride bikes, perchance?

Reply to
JackH

Why?

Reply to
DanB

OK, he's a bit good, but..... note how he's powersliding it, single-handed....

Reply to
SteveH

Also noted was that he's not on a wet roundabout which is covered in Diesel and that thumbs up powerslides don't often happen by accident on the way home from work.

Reply to
Douglas Payne

Hey, the ample sweeping statement up there was...

" 'a little out of shape' on a bike doesn't then come back into shape, unfortunately. "

...which that picture, and indeed, every rider at every corner in every MotoGp race this year, proves is clearly false :-)

Reply to
DanB

Because it isn't inherently stable in the first place like something with a wheel at each corner?

I will tone that down a touch after the later posts though...

"*Totally unexpected* out of shapes on a bike don't then come back..."

I know racers and speedway nutters and especially ice racers can handle ludicrous amounts of sideways, but I still think the average rider suddenly losing grip on a diseaselesed roundabout has a lot less chance of avoiding the tarmac than the average car driver.

Reply to
PCPaul

Doesn't look like he's hit oil on the track in that pic to me. If diesel is so safe for motorbikes, why don't they spread it around all over the place at MotoGP?

Reply to
Douglas Payne

To be fair, Paul said -

"'a little out of shape' on a bike doesn't then come back into shape, unfortunately."

Mine was just a simple statement that technically, he needs to clarify himself. I figured the pendant types would have done more to highlight it with silly comment. I was trying to help indeed, but it turned out, I was the only one that said anything... D'oh.

Reply to
DanB

The replies surprised me too...

Thankfully, and I won't speak for everyone else, but I'm a riding god anyway, although due to my unfortunate circumstances I am unable to demonstrate this too you. Sorry :-(

Reply to
DanB