OT: Ooops, be interesting to see how this works out....

As you may or may not know.... I left my previous job rather abruptly.

Anyway, I had some stuff left in my (former) office, namely a Psion, my old laptop and a DECT phone.

Unfortunately, someone left the halogen heater on overnight a week or so back, and burned down the office before I had arranged to get my stuff back.

Ooops.

Wonder what they'll do to sort it?

Reply to
SteveH

After a robbery a few months ago we all found out that personal stuff was not covered by the work's insurance ('luckily' it was mostly work equipment that got nicked), so hope that's not the case for you!

Reply to
Carl Gibbs

Yeah, has crossed my mind.

We'll see.

Reply to
SteveH

however if they have in any way blocked you or made it hard for you to collect them then you can still hold them and their employee's negligence responsible.

small claims might see you reimbursed for some of the value maybe...

Reply to
loopy livernose

Probably have you arrested as the most likely suspect with the speed you left, then leave you to prove your innocence.

Reply to
NeedforSwede2

Fortunately, both bits of kit were semi-retired and only used for work related stuff. I haven't lost any 'personal' data, IYSWIM.

I'm still awaiting a reply to my email. Next step, recorded delivery letter complete with quotes for replacing lost items.

And yes, I'm very gutted about the Psion - I'll definitely have another if they pay out.

Reply to
SteveH

Hmm. I daresay the Psion is priceless in some respects, 'cos they're top nacho - did you back up the data? Replacing lost data is a ballache.

Same too for the laptop...

Reply to
DervMan