Paging the North-Westerners

Looks like I'm collecting a car in Manchester next Sunday.....

Trains are a complete nightmare, taking several hours from Cardiff, so I've been looking at flying from Cardiff to Liverpool airport (it's not much more expensive than a train, ffs!)

However, I can't seem to find an easy way to get from Liverpool Airport to Manchester.

Any suggestions?

Anyone want to pick me up and take me to Manchester in exchange for beer tokens?

Flight arrives at 3pm......

Cheers,

Reply to
SteveH

Airlink bus to Hunts Cross (every 30 minutes), takes a few minutes, then train to Manchester Oxford Road (every 30 minutes), takes an hour or so.

Reply to
Tom Robinson

Oh you said Sunday. Oh well, there goes that idea. :P

Reply to
Tom Robinson

Hitch hike.

Let us know how you get on :o)

Reply to
Mason

Where is pete M when you need him lol, I live to far away otherwise I would try to help out. Tell the guy your situation and get him to meet you at liverpool airport with a mate in another car to take him back or summit.

Reply to
REMUS

In news:1gobjdd.sufywg2dkc5vN% snipped-for-privacy@italiancar.co.uk, SteveH decided to enlighten our sheltered souls with a rant as follows

Gimme a shout, I'll give you a lift no problem.

Reply to
Pete M

Might be a non-issue, 'cos my brother has just volunteered to pick me up from Cardiff.

If it falls through I'll give you a shout, though.

Cheers

Reply to
SteveH

Try EasyJet! You can probably fly direct or go via Liverpool. Or get a train as they are not that bad.

Reply to
GT

Charter a helicopter.

Reply to
Tim S Kemp

Sorry I can't do Sunday... :)

Reply to
DervMan

Sunday engineering works mean a train is a nogo, as they just put on a replacement bus that really goes arround the houses. Especially the Manchester to Liverpool line, I know for definate that the Liverpool to manchester trains are at least part replaced by busses.

Reply to
Sleeker GT Phwoar

Steve,

drop me a line...mr_miaow at ntworld dot com. I don't mind having a drive out on Sunday.. give us some beer or diesel tokens!

take it easy mikep

Reply to
Mike P

Looks like I've solved it - my brother's coming down to pick me up.

PeteM is the backup plan.

Thanks anyway.

Reply to
SteveH

Shame it wasn't tomorrow. I'm delivering at an industrial estate right next to John Lennon Airport and going home past Manchester.

Reply to
Conor

Feck sake, i ask can someone pop into a local VX dealer and no joy, you get people offerin to drive you round the country :-P

Reply to
Chet

Is this the Alfa V6 you were going on about? It it yellow? With a black stripe down the side?

Reply to
fishman

Yeah, I thought it odd that nobody had asked what car it was.

Reply to
Sleeker GT Phwoar

Yeah but you don't have dozens of people lining up to punch you. ;)

Reply to
Questions