Paging the plastic-isti

I quite fancy a cult society rear plinth for the Golf. I don't fancy paying £60 for one.

If you've no idea what a cult society rear plinth is, it replaces the bit of plastic trim above the numberplate and has the lock underneath, where the number plate lights are, rather than on show.

Is it going to be ridiculously hard to chop a couple of standard plinths up and move the lock round to the bottom, or is it a piece of piss?

Reply to
Doki

It depends on how good you are, you could cut 2 normal ones up plastic weld them together, smooth it over with filler and paint it up. I've got one of there plinths for my G40 and it's really good quality, pay the £60 you cheap skate. (Group buys of CS stuff happen quite often on some of the bigger VW forums, E38 and CGTI are worth a look.)

Reply to
Depresion

I'm a pikey student. Time I have, money I don't. I've just got back from a month in Aus which abused the wallet viciously too.

Reply to
Doki

Did you enjoy the place?

Fraser

Reply to
Fraser Johnston

Some bits were a lot better than others. Brisbane and Queensland, I liked. Adelaide I liked for a few days, but there's not a lot to do, and we were staying out in the suburbs which basically meant a total of 2 hours to get into the city. Melbourne was good too, but we were pretty broke by the time we got there. TBH I think we'd have enjoyed it a lot more if we'd not had to see relatives. And had a car. It's a daft obvservation, but everything is a hell of a lot bigger / further apart than in England. You can't just walk from one place to another easily like you can in most English cities because of the distance.

Reply to
Doki

Particularly in Melbourne, which is my home town. Urban sprawl to the max. Shame you didn't get out to Perth but you have probably seen the same amount of capital cities as I have. The weather must of been pretty shit.

Fraser

Reply to
Fraser Johnston

Weather was alright, considering it was winter. If I were going again, I suspect the only way to do it would be to buy a car there and pootle around for a while, but you need to be there a long time if you're not going to go places by air. You need plenty of money too - if you I'd have liked to have seen some of the middle of Aus too. I'm more interested in going to see countryside than cities, but it's not possible without a car or being on a tour. The bits I did get to see were very cool (Laminginton and Springbrook).

Reply to
Doki

I've done the coach trip from Perth to Melbourne. Look out window. Flat scrubby scenery. Fall asleep for 12 hours and look out window again. Flat scrubby scenery. Once was enough.

Fraser

Reply to
Fraser Johnston