Paging SteveH

How far away are you from Llandovery and would you possibly be able to eyeball a car for me over there once I've had a chance to talk to the owner?

Mostly to ensure that it is as good or bad as he says (and he says it's pretty good)..

Reply to
Timo Geusch

It's about an hour away from here (2 hour round trip).

However, my diary for the next couple of weeks takes me to the frozen North, Birmingham, Chesham, Norwich and down the A1 from Peterborough to Royston.....

I was there on Friday, so won't be back up that way for a couple of weeks at best.

Reply to
SteveH

Be sure to keep air recirculation mode on when in Norwich. Do you travel up and down Aylsham Road per chance?

Reply to
DervMan

Not usually - I tend to avoid spending any time there if I can avoid it. I go to Catton and Thorpe St. Andrew.

Sometimes I'll stay at the Ipswich Road or Carrow Lane Holiday Inns, but I ususally prefer to get out towards Stamford and stay in a nice little pub / restaurant I found back in October last year.

Reply to
SteveH

What kinda work do you do to travel to so many places ?

Sales rep or something ?

Reply to
Sarah

Tis best avoided really. Only place in the frickin world where the locals thought Charlie's Californian accent was Russian.

Reply to
DervMan

Ah, OK - I thought you'd be a bit closer. No worries. Any idea how long it'd take to get up there from the M4?

I'll see what transpires - part of the problem is that the guy works in Reading and is only up there on the weekends, but that's where the car is. He'd be happy enough to take the car to work for a week if I'm serious enough about buying it but that's a bit of a catch-22...

Reply to
Timo Geusch

Retail Area Manager.

Reply to
SteveH

Around an hour from Cardiff - come off at the A470 junction and keep following it up into the Brecon Beacons.

Bugger.

What is it, anyway?

Reply to
SteveH

Sounds interesting. What for ?

Reply to
Sarah

OK. Google Maps suggests turning off earlier, but it's still about five hours each way. Hrmpf.

Something like that. Especially because I think I would have a better chance at a little haggle if I went out there.

A "VW Beetle", according to J Clarkson, Esq.

Reply to
Timo Geusch

Audi TT 225bhp Quattro?

Reply to
AstraVanMann

I wouldn't turn off earlier myself, as you'll end up on crap roads for some of the run. Coming off at the A470 junction is much better, as it's dual carriageway all the way to Merthyr.

Heh. A classic 911, then.

Not too sure I'd want to buy from the kind of nutters that live up there..... mostly they drive Scoobies / Evos at crazy speeds if they're petrolheads.

Reply to
SteveH

I tend not to post it on Usenet.

But we sell coffee and non-food 'stuff' in supermarkets.

Reply to
SteveH

Ahhh :) ... I'm so nosey I do apologise Steve :)

Reply to
Sarah

If you're really desperate to know, then you can email me. The address in my headers is valid.

Reply to
SteveH

Excuse me? I have some standards.

Reply to
Timo Geusch

Fair enough, local knowledge rulez.

Right down to the torsion bars, yes. And the kind of eighties-tastic upholstery that makes you wonder if there was more to the beer you just drank than hops.

Well, I wouldn't buy an Evo out there, that's for sure. Slightly different clientele, though, isn't it?

Reply to
Timo Geusch

Steve and Sarah, sitting in a tree...

-- JackH