Ping Albert T Cone

You posted a link a while back comparing a Civic Type R (I think) powercurve with another 2.0 16v non Vtec motor showing the low down torque of the Civic was just as good as another motor - it was also loads better at the top. Can you furnish me with this link again please? And if anyone else has any links that sound like they might do the same thing - they'd be gratefully received. Basically power curves of a Vtec engine with comparable NA petrol engine to show the Vtecs aren't gutless low down compared to other NA engines, they just feel it because they're so much gruntier at the top end.

Reply to
Iridium

The B16 lags behind the D16 in terms of torque up to something like 5k.

Different story above that though, and they're a lot more tuneable.

Reply to
jackhackettuk