Possibly the worst bodyshop on earth?

Bloke with a 350Z takes it to a bodyshop to get a kit fitted.

This is what happens when you let back street bodyshops 'council' up your car..

Pete M

WTF would you expect for the equivalent of £400?

Reply to
Doki

I agree entirely that he got what he paid for, but it's still a disaster of a job - even for £400.

Reply to
Pete M

"Doki" gurgled happily, sounding much like they were saying:

Which wasn't even the first quote - that was just over a ton!

Reply to
Adrian

It's absolutely shocking for any money.

Reply to
Chris Bartram

Well, yeah. But you're fecking asking for it if you let a bodyshop do work for you if they're quoting that far away from a sane price.

Reply to
Doki

Bottomline: 250 US$-jobbie for fitting some plastic panels and a full sprayjob.

Me thinks the shout "RUN" was so hard, it deafened the owner of the car.

Best of all: he paid. I guess there might be some more that the 350z- owner "forgets" to tell.

Tom De Moor

Reply to
Tom De Moor

I would have expected the price to keep rising, but the fit to be ok,=20 and the paint needing work, but not the shabby nasty crap and damage=20 there. Door check straps removed and the door jacked up until it=20 creased? That is absolutley shit.

--=20 Carl Robson Get cashback on your purchases Topcashback

Elder

That is horrible. Really horrible. I'm a bodger, but for $750 I could have done that better, and my rattle can spraying would have stuck better to the plastic.

Reply to
Elder

Christ *I* could do a better job from my wheelchair...

Reply to
DanB

You should see what my local Honda dealer did to a Type R! They farmed the work out to a body shop miles away and raced it up and down a dual carriageway. They corrected the work once the insurance company give them a call.

Reply to
Ian

So he gets a cheap kit and a cheap fitting, he got what he asked for. Part way down there is a photo of the front bumper where he talks about the paint "It literally peeled right off. ****, rattle can withstands more than this garbage." oddly if you look at the photo it's clearly been scraped down a curb where the paint has come off.

Reply to
Depresion