Quiet today?

Whats going on? With Rob back i was expecting loads of message this arvo, how dissappointing :(

Well my car is finally handling like it should. Its taken new bilstein dampers, new lower wishbones (and bushes) and 2 new driveshafts, but now it goes straight, doesnt knock and corners very well indeed (even with crappy tyres). Its also jacked the front end up a bit so looks a little silly, but i couldnt really give a toss about that, and it gives me some more ground clearance for when i get a sumpguard.

How's everyone else? And what car is Mr Lordy driving now? My guesses would be a Vectra V6 or a Rover 75 V6.

Oh, and to make the post a bit longer i saw a wicked car today - a W reg SD1 V8-S in gold with gold alloys in mint condition. SWMBO thought i was very silly, especially as i stood in the car park and took pics on my phone :)

And another thing, i get to use my towbar tomorrow, yaaaaaaaaay :D

Carl (bored)

205 Dturbo
Carl Gibbs

Robs been busy trying to con some daft sod into going to reading with him to pick up yet another project :)

Reply to
Rob

I had two new front dampers last year and my car also is slightly higher at the front than the back so would it be a safe bet new dampers on the back would level it up?

Mark S.

Reply to
Mark S.

I know, i too was expecting a load of crazy, never gonna happen, project ideas :D

Plus, people know its a diesel, so you look like a silly tight-wad anyway ;)

Lordy has a new car?

Ah, a V6 something. He chose something SLOWER than his Ti?! Thats madness...

I bet Mondeo, possibly estate...

Heh, nice :) I keep seeing one of them new Chrysler Crossfires in Lincoln, i kinda like it in a big, vulgar, driven by a dick head way :)

Knowing you diesel drivers, you're probably buying 2nd hand stuff from the tip and need to trailer it home ;)

Reply to
Dan405

2nd hand stuff from the tip?? BUYING??

Peter

Reply to
AstraVanMan

Yea yea, whatever, i'm not up on pikeynomics ;)

Reply to
Dan405

heh, thats where i'm going in a minute!

Reply to
Carl Gibbs

I know, i too was expecting a load of crazy, never gonna happen, project ideas :D

Did i tell you about the nice BMW E30 330D i had :)

difference is the projects are a lot saner these days and actually work out a lot more

only those in the know about beemers will get the above

and yes it did happen

Reply to
Rob

Heh, like i care!

Ah yes, didnt think of that one

Gay bar!

Nope, picking up a motorbike trailer from Reading that my sis borrowed actually :P

Reply to
Carl Gibbs

I live 10 minutes away from Reading, quick drink anyone?

Peter

Reply to
AstraVanMan

I'm trying to remember what shape E30 was - the only ones I'm familiar with are E34 and E39 shape 5-series. I think the E36 3-series is the one that started a few years after the E34 5 started (around J reg?) - am I about right, so the E30 was the last of the square shape ones, the E21 being the really old looking ones - am I about right?

Did they ever put the 2.5 litre TD lump in the E30 3 series? - surely the 3 litre's a similar size, no?

It's gotta be roughly similar in size to any of the 6-pot petrol lumps though, hasn't it?

Do tell more.

Peter

Reply to
AstraVanMan

NO they didnt do a derv powered E30 in this country

and no it werent a beemer engine either :) :)

give you a clue

3litre straight 6 derv lump of a commercial background
Reply to
Rob

TurboDerv or N/A ?

Was I right about what shape the E30 was though?

Peter

Reply to
AstraVanMan

TurboDerv or N/A ?

Was I right about what shape the E30 was though?

Peter

N/A on pink ex LDV engine E30 is the late 80's three series

Reply to
Rob

The E21 was the first 3 series following the 2002 but with more vertical front indicators rather than the wrap around ones just under the bonnet, the E30 followed on from the E21 in the mid to late 80s and was squarer & IIRC the first

4 door 3 series.

2002:

E21:
E30:
E36:

Depresion

Heh, I'm up the A404, more like half an hour away really, as the A4 is a pig.

Reply to
Sales!

Where's that, Wycombe or Marlow? A4 can be a bitch, but surely M4 on a Sunday would be ok?

Peter

Reply to
AstraVanMan

Would have been nice (it was actually Southend, nr Henley on Thames i went to), but i came home on a recovery truck after the clutch cable snapped :(

Still, made it to our destination, without using the clutch for the final few miles, but didnt get to use the towbar. I'm so dissappionted. Still, off to Belgium for muchos drinking and chocolate tomorrow, so see y'all Good Friday when i return :D

Reply to
Carl Gibbs

You mean you didn't want to brave driving from Henley to Southampton using clutchless gearchanges?? WIMP!!! :-)

Nice - have a good one mate.

Peter

Reply to
AstraVanMan

Between the two, near the bottom of the hill. I'd usually come up the A4 on the way to Reading, although it depends whereabouts I was trying to get to.

TBH, Reading itself may be a poor place for cars anyway, last time I was there it was all traffic jams, no parking and speed cameras. Unless it's changed. ;)

Reply to
Sales!