RANT///local scrote bastids RANT///

Well last night some local scrote bastid has decided to remove one of the wing mirrors off the A4, gutted :(

a quick browse about ebay informs me that theres a few variants. no problem a quick call to the dealer will sort this out.

Phones the dealer who kindly informs me i need a chassis no due to there being 7 possible kinds of wing mirror for my car WTF??????

duly hand over details and sit down for a price.

3 parts to the mirror

Glass 68 quid + VAT Housing 112 quid + VAT internals 74 quid + VAT

on top of this is the cost of prep and paint which i declined a qoute for FFS

upside is that i've now settled on a nice set of Colour coded leccy M3 mirrors for the bus :) a snip at 60 quid with base plates.

oh and 2 1/2 litres of audi blue paint to do the mirrors and that nasty astra van sitting at the bottom of the drive :)

Reply to
Rob

certainly a better option than shelling out 300 quid for a replacement :)

as not many on ebay for my MY

Reply to
Rob

I knew it wouldn't be long.....

Reply to
AstraVanMan

Try moving somewhere less pikey

Reply to
Tim S Kemp

its called Glasgow Steve the whole place is like that for a 30 mile radius in all directions :)

Reply to
Rob

Have you ever thought of moving somewhere less pikey?

Reply to
SteveH

I used to stay in a very non pikey part of Fife

very pleasant, Alas work commitments meant a move to Weegie land and stupid uk laws mean i'm not allowed to shoot people for talking through their nose or wearing burberry

Reply to
Rob

I thought you lived in Dunfermlin or Rosyth or somewhere equally full of bored chavs and 1960s Scottish lego houses?

Glasgow actually isn't that bad, unless you want to specify particular regions.

Richard

Reply to
RichardK

That's a lie.

There's no such thing. Besides, people from Burntisland can walk or get the bus. Pikey spreads, wherever there is a Threshers/Vicky Wines.

Richard (always amused by the "Victory Gin" in Vicky wines)

Reply to
RichardK

Barlanark Richard :)

lovely area

and I were in Rosyth when i was in Fife (and hey it has went downhill a bit in the last few years i remember when it was a A listed area for insurance :)

Reply to
Rob

Ugh. 1940s tenement blocks. Makes Pollockshaws look nice.

Yep. I shan't be visiting there in any great rush.

Didn't Rosyth go downhill in the 90s, post shipbuilding? I know when I was there a couple of years back, it looked suspiciously ned-tastic.

Richard

Reply to
RichardK

Aaaah you know it :) I'm next to the train station :)

Yup all the yobbo sailors left and it went and got worse,(well certain areas did mainly the ex navy areas when the houses were sold for pennies to the edinburgh scummies

Reply to
Rob

Small mercies, I suppose. At least you're still close enough to proper Glasgow to take advantage; I have to do a 1 1/2 to 2 hour drive to go see friends or gigs.

Clearly, not cheap enough. Niddrie is still a compelling argument for genocide, or at the very least, poor evacuation procedure when demolishing former barrack-block housing.

Richard

Reply to
RichardK

Seconded. I've lived about 15 miles from Glasgow city centre for a fair proportion of my life and its not that bad at all.

There's still places in and around Glasgow that I wouldn't leave a car overnight and expect it to still be there in the morning mind you. (c:

Douglas

Reply to
Douglas Payne

Hey High Valleyfield,

Thats where my mk2 gte went to live :)

although oakley is a lot worse :)

Reply to
Rob

If you really have to get rid of a car, or indeed anything else, I would suggest High Valleyfield just outside Dunfermline. If they don't snaffle it, it really is worthless.

-- Stuart

Reply to
Stuart Gray

go rob one of another scrotes car, i mean if pikeys like u got em it wouldnt hurt to nick one would it...

Reply to
Theo

I used to live in Mount Florida, best car I'd buy when I lived there was a Mk2 Granada..

Reply to
Pete M

Oh dear...

My commiserations ;-)