Bargain

if you like this sort of thing:

Have to be honest, if I were looking for a commuting hack, I'd probably take a chance on that.

Reply to
SteveH

Page wont load for me, but a mate used to have one (in fact he had 2). Typical 80s Jap and quite dull inside but lovely engine. As you say would make a decent commuter tool

Reply to
Carl Gibbs

Same here. Do a search in eBay for Item No 4610370109 Worked for me.. Mike.

Reply to
Mike G

Yeah, just me being dense. Got it working straight after I posted that :)

Reply to
Carl Gibbs

>> > W0QQitemZ4610370109QQcategoryZ2192QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem> >> >

Personally I never post wrapping links like that. Tinyurl makes life much easier. :-) £480.You reckon that was a good price? Mike.

Reply to
Mike G

For a quickish car with a years MoT I guess you cant complain. Was it you that bought it then?

I thought they were 1.8s though. Could be remembering wrong - been a few years since I've talked about one!

Reply to
Carl Gibbs

It was only about £145 when I posted the link.

Reply to
SteveH

Nah. Front wheel drive innit. Just wondered.

AFAIK a 1.8 engine wasn't fitted in the Lancer until 1990. I owned a 1994 Galant for a short time which had a 1.8 engine. Seemed like a nice unit. Quite torquey. Mike.

Reply to
Mike G

It was only £240 this morning, before 2 bids kicked it up to £480 in the last few hours. Mike.

Reply to
Mike G

I'm surprised - I was almost tempted to bung in a 200 quid bid, thinking it would easily win it. Can't think why anyone paid that much for it.

However, it looks clean, has a long ticket, they go quite well and are pretty loaded with toys, so I suppose it's still a good buy even at that price.

Reply to
SteveH

Ah, that mudt have been the one's my mate had then.

Indeed, thats the impresioj I got!

Reply to
Carl Gibbs

Not really. MK2 GTis seem not much more than that in the Ad-mag. Not actually been to see any of them mind...

Reply to
Doki

Too much so IMO. It was far too easy to unintentionally spin the front wheels when accelerating or cornering. Would have been nicer if the accelerator pedal had been less sensitive. Otherwise it was a nice car to drive, and I quite liked it's appearance. My second foray into owning a FWD car. I think I'll stick to RWD from now on. Mike.

Reply to
Mike G