Re: Am I mad?

> yes you are MAD!............you wouldnt have needed to ask the question if

> > you had looked at parts prices before buying one of these > > sheds...........lol > > > Have a look at Eurocarparts, and GSF, for genuine parts prices. About > 1/3 of Saab and Volvo prices. > > Then look at the pattern parts. Absolute peanuts, even if they wear > quicker, they still keep you on the road. > > Quality, speed, comfort, safety. Oh yeah, and it isn't a dagenham > dustbin. (BTW, sorry Dojj if you read this, not aimed at you at all). > -- > The poster formerly known as Skodapilot. >

wht crap...........then again wht would u expect from an ex skoda owner...........lol

goll

POWERHOUSE..........PUT UP OR SHUT UP

Reply to
gollum

LOLO. Nice day more like.

--=20 ________________________ Conor Turton conor snipped-for-privacy@hotmail.com ICQ:31909763 ________________________

Reply to
Conor

Heh! I'm a bit like that - no working hose at home that isn't kinked in a million places, plus the need to lean behind the washing machine to turn on the outside tap (there's a leak) means that the only hand washing I can do is without rinsing, which is almost not worth doing :-(

A while back I looked at a Carlton Estate (quel surprise!) that I'd had a lengthy chat with the owner about over the phone - it had 158k on the clock, no service history, but he'd owned it for the last 4 years, changed the oil every 5k and mainly used it for long motorway trips to Austria and back every few months. Engine sounded really sweet, and the interior was absolutely mint - literally, all the carpets (well, everything) looked like new! Needed a few things doing though (windscreen, one headlamp lens - stone chip) and a fog light, and I tried haggling but didn't succeed, then drove away, decided to definitely take it, and by the time I'd physically got the cash together it was sold.

Oh sorry, my point was that he said that he'd religiously change the oil and filter every 5000 miles, but was very lazy about cleaning it. It could have done with a clean, but it was only light traffic film - nothing to worry about.

PEter

Reply to
AstraVanMan

Er, what's wrong with a bucket and a sponge ? I don't use a hose for mine.

Reply to
Nom

I usually spend about 45 mins on it. Neighbours stare at me a bit oddly for sitting there polishing my exhaust :)

That's fair enough, but you see them all lined up at the local supermarkets around here on a sunday afternoon, all just sitting there waiting for their turn which probably won't come for an hour or so. It's like some kind of religious thing, father and sons, etc.

Reply to
Lordy

I wash mine and give it a damn good waxing around october time. Then , apart from the lights and plates, it won't see another wash/wax until April.. then October...

Mike

Reply to
Mike P