Re: Hurrah

The parcel shelf is pretty rigid (big lump of MDF), and it weighs a fair bit

> so I expect the mass of it and the speakers that are pretty firmly bolted to > it keep it fairly steady. The things that shake, and rattle are the window > winders up in the front, and the front trim panels. You can feel the music > pretty much everywhere on the body near the speakers, but the front door > skins are by far the worst.. I'll do some soundproofing as soon as I've got > more cash to chuck about. I'll probably do some of the floor as well, to cut > out road noise. >

Seriously? Shit...

My cars a 10 year old Pug, and nothing rattles, now matter how far i push my

300w of Pioneer 6x9's :)

Guess some cars just don't have as good build quality of old french cars...

-- Dan

Reply to
Dan405

And in other news Dan405 is quoted as saying:

Agreed :)

Reply to
Chet

Nothing rattles now because all the trim fell off 8 years ago :-)

Reply to
James Grabowski

Ok, my mates Nova (J reg and 12 years old) doesn't vibrate anywhere when thats given some large volume, i know 2 people with a full sub and amp set up, one in a Corsa, one in a Saxo, neither of them vibrate.

I would find the fact the trim was moving quite worrying, has it all been removed and put back on badly? Or do ka's just have truely SHOCKING build quality?

-- Dan

Reply to
Dan405

It sounds like it's this Ka, 'cos we've a great many with a bit OTT ICE installs and they're not rattling away.

On the other hand, Kermit's ice install is kool. It provides the cold beers when we go kamping!

Reply to
DervMan

I find when moving old French cars it's easier to close the boot and push that. :)

Reply to
Depresion

The door trims have been off, but the rattling is the rotating bit on the window winder. Not much you can do to stop that AFAIK.

Reply to
Doki