Re: Old Volvo question

I've just seen an MPEG of an old Volvo estate being drifted around a corner.

> Which ones are RWD? > >

All of them. Pre T5 sort of age.

All the REALLY shit looking ones.

Get a 1.7 340, they're well funny :)

-- Dan

Reply to
Dan405

In article , snipped-for-privacy@privacy.net spouted forth into uk.rec.cars.modifications...

Nah, a 360 GLT, well funny, and fast. No handling though.

Reply to
MeatballTurbo

Definately,

power off understeer understeer understeer power on oversteer oversteer overwoooooooohedge!

Pretty quick in a straight line tho.

Tim..

Reply to
Tim..

Yup, all pre-850s. You'd be looking at 200, 300, 700, 900 series probably.

Reply to
Jamesy

theres an old estate going around ( mid 80s at the latest ) running on 20" rims, paint bright orange, big sound system and hydraulics.. its different to say the least...

Reply to
Mark Craft

And I'm sure soemthing could be done about the handling (lowered, uprated, adding/removing anti roll bars).

I know a lot of people add anti-roll bars to improve handling, but in the right situation, it can make it worse, and replace roll with understeer. If the rest of the suspension is right (lower and firm 9not rock hard)) body roll would be less of an issue anyway, so no AR bar, and less understeer.

I'm sure they were rallied, or was that the 240GLT?

Reply to
MeatballTurbo

I think there is a very yellow 240 estate used a s demo car, with bodykit bits from later models added.

Reply to
MeatballTurbo

Yup, and a stiff anti-roll bar will always make wet handling interesting!

200's definitely were - most Volvos have been at one time or another (there's even an 850 rally-car build page on the net somewhere). Those mad Swedes!
Reply to
Jamesy

Dan405 waffled on in a quite bewildering manner to produce...

360 GLT is even funnier... They *really* do go sideways

Pete M

Reply to
Pete M

And in other news MeatballTurbo is quoted as saying:

I hope he hasn't claimed my russian mate...i claim Bec if he has :)

Reply to
Chet

In article , snipped-for-privacy@formymail.address spouted forth into uk.rec.cars.modifications...

Ooops, sorry fella. Thought he was Matts trained Ruski, what with involvement with motorsport cars and such.

Reply to
MeatballTurbo

And in other news MeatballTurbo is quoted as saying:

Good point, let Matt have him. You got Becs number by any chance? ;)

Reply to
Chet