Where to do a car data check

I'm going to have a sniff around a motor later on - I already have the reg. number, and mileage, but it's being sold by a trader, so an address check isn't going to be easy to do.

Is there anywhere that does a quick and cheap check on the reg. number before I go round?

Obviously, I'll get some sort of id. from the trader to confirm his home address (where the car is being sold from).

He came clean as a trader as soon as I spoke to him, so I'm convinced he's not iffy - especially with an 84 positive feedback on ebay.

Still want to do a quick check before I go and drive it, though.

Reply to
SteveH

dont the AA do them?

Reply to
={ Advocated }=

Only the full price one.

Was looking for a cheap 'reg number only' check. Can get 'em for £15 or so, and then upgrade if the car is any good.

Reply to
SteveH