Re: OT: WTF happened to Converse All Stars?

Blame Doctor Who for the price, and Emo kids for the skinny fitting :( >

> I'll stick to my Vans and Etnies... Fallen make nice shoes. >

Fitting of the shoes was always fine. It is just finding them in the real world. I don't like buying from unknowns online as they are likely to be knockoffs, and even Schuh's ebay shop, which is normally about 50% of the store price because they are ex-display is stupid price.

I looked in the Vans outlet shop today, and the "Vans Classic" range didn't feature any classic style vans I've ever seen.

Reply to
Elder

Here's what I'm wearing right now :D

Fairly classic style?

Reply to
Abo

Looks too heavily padded and lined, more a trainer than a baseball boot. Canvas breathes.

In the 60's there used to be a basket outside every seaside Woolies with them in. Basket other side had "jellies" in it. Yeah they hit £40 some years ago as a "must have" and then stopped being a "must have" so got dropped by every store. Even other make baseball boots like Boomerang hit £20.

All the original ones were "Made in China" anyway (used to be a little blue diamond label on the sole) so F*** the All Star tax.

Peter Hill

Is this available in English anywhere on the web?

Reply to
Steve Firth

Them look alright, like proper one stars of days gone by, what at the sizes like, compared to others.

Reply to
Elder

Now those I could go for, especially a lo-top version.

How supportive is the heel cup? A couple of the knockoffs I tried=20 yesterday had no cup at all, and were pretty straight up at the back so=20 nothing to stop them slipping off. That was what I like about Converse,=20 they actually fitted (as I lived in them).

As I say, the local Sports Direct (or Sports World, or Sport and Soccer,=20 or Sport and Ski, whatever they are calling themselves this week) had=20 Cons for =A316 when I bought them last, and now don't even stock them at=20 all.

--=20 Carl Robson Get cashback on your purchases Topcashback

Elder

Tell me exactley what you don't understand about shoes?

Reply to
Elder

Shoes? They're made by cobblers. Is that what you were talking?

Reply to
Steve Firth

No idea about quality or fit but at under £10 may be worth a punt. See if you can send them back.

I've got a pair of what must be rip offs from Tunisia, still cost £15 out there.

Reply to
Peter Hill

No, I've been wearing the worlds most popular sports shoe for close to

30 years.
Reply to
Elder

Ewwww. At least I take mine off in the evening.

Reply to
Steve Firth

Hah I remember I went through loads of pairs of 'Baseys' in the '70's when I was a kid :D

Reply to
Abo

I take a size 12 always in Vans and most other shoes, these Etnies are a size 11 so they're probably pretty generously sized.

Reply to
Abo

You can get socks that look like Converse All Stars now.

Reply to
fishman

Not really practical, but I wouldn't mind a pair or two.

Reply to
Elder