Re: Soldering irons: made in America but designed in Russia?

but mine was green. I'm quite impressed at how ugly they've made that. It's the combination of the little back back window and that huge pillar which seals it. Lose the back seats, and glass, chop the roof back to the pillar, turn it into a ute and it'd be a lot less wrong.

Reply to
Clive George

In message , Clive George writes

It actually looks as though someone got the basic idea for a pick up truck and then found out they were meant to be designing a passenger car.

Reply to
Clint Sharp

Not too sure what this is doing in alt.engineering.electrical.

I remember hiring a new one of these for a few weeks when it called the Ford LTD Crown Victoria. White walled tires, etc. It looked dated even when it was new.

The front seat was easily wide enough for 3 but too uncomfortable for even 2. There were four of us and the seating preference was to have a driver in the front but no one else on that awful bench seat.

The handling was too poor for words.

Most amazing of all, it had this great big rear-defogger switch in the middle of the dashboard like it was some emergency 911 button. It would be great to see a photo of that monstrosity of a button sticking out all on its own from the center of the dash.

It seemed that the design team never met.

Franklin

Reply to
Franklin

That's not my call, thank you very much.

Cheers! Rich

Reply to
Richard the Dreaded Libertarian

He doesn't think. That's the problem. As long as he can get his booze, he doesn't care.

Reply to
Michael A. Terrell

Gawd, you people sure do make up a lot of stuff. Prices are going up anyway, for any number of reasons; I have no control over that in any case. (Try buying food that used no fuel in the manufacturing.) All I was saying is that I don't buy gasoline.

Are you advocating lobbying for fuelless food delivery? Sorry, I'm not one of those activist fools.

Thanks, Rich

Reply to
Richard the Dreaded Libertarian

YOU CAN ALL CLEAN MY PROBE