attn Nom: Don't expect you to read this today but

When you get to see this, thank your family and Dans freinds who gave the readings and the songs.

It made the day very special. I'm sure the thoughts of those who could make and those who sent messages go with you today and onwards.

We held our own wake over at Wetwang chippy and a pint in the black swan, and raised a chip in his honour. You would have been more than welcome to join us but figured your place with with your mum and dad.

Reply to
Elder

As to the turn out - Wow!

Dan had many friends, but I didn't expect half the world to turn up today.

Nom / Mum / Dad - you need to always remember Dan's name with the pride and dignity that is deserved.

And we drove like complete raving loonies to the chippy, just as he would expect. Apart from Dervy who got nearly 50mpg.

Reply to
Tim S Kemp

Glad it was a good send off. My apologies for lack of attendance - as usual something came up to bugger up plans. I did charge a glass at the appropriate time though and held a minutes silence.

Reply to
Conor

Was it your old fellas surgery today? How did it go?

Reply to
Elder

I'm sure 50mpg is pretty loony compared to his normal figures ;)

Glad there was a good turnout, Dan deserved nothing less. And thanks to the guys that represented UKRCM.

Reply to
Carl Gibbs

Yeah.

Still waiting to find out. Triple bypass and also cutting a bit off his heart to reduce the size (or so he said) so it's a bit of a lengthy op and wasn't due to start until later on today. Probably won't hear anything until tomorrow. SWMBO is taking MIL through tomorrow day time at some point.

Still won't be home for a couple of weeks as they have some investigative stuff they need to do for something else which requires general anaesthetic so they couldn't do it until after the heart op.

Reply to
Conor

Respect to Albert's cross country missile estate which was darting all over the place and making curious smells at 'making progress' speeds. Even with nearly 100 bhp more it wasn't exactly easy keeping up.

An excellent service, great fish'n'chips, a half decent pint and some quality moments were had. Shame about the circumstances, but I'm certain Dan would be utterly pissed off if we hadn't had fun on the way to the chip shop.

They serve Whales in there. £4.20.

Reply to
Pete M

Fingers crossed here mate.

Reply to
albert_t_cone

Here here. It was a touching service. My heartfelt condolences to all the family and friends. The sheer number that were present are a testament to Dan.

I'm sure Dan would have approved thoroughly of the, er, 'spirited' nature of the drive to Wetwang (where it seems, despite his protests, that Tim is well enough known to ask for 'The usual')

Reply to
albert_t_cone

Heh-heh.

Reply to
Conor

With all that extra weight in the car I just couldn't keep up!

Dan's wit showed through right until the 12 April; his last message to his friends was "So many friends. So many years. So many crashes. It's amazing we haven't lost anybody else."

I miss being able to log in to MSN and tell Dan about this really touching funeral I went to. About how half the world showed up to give their respects, and how people were laughing and then crying and then laughing again. And how most people were smiling through teary eyes at the end. Then we went for a Wetwang afterwards.

-- The DervMan

DervMan

I mis-read that. I thougth it said they serve people from Wales, but at a discount, just =A34.20... ;)

-- The DervMan

DervMan