Saw a very brave man driving to work this morning.

M602 7.50AM. Guy driving a brand spanking M3 CSL. Anyone driving one of those in Manchester is either very brave or very stupid.

Reply to
Sleeker GT Phwoar

Because of the semi slick tyres? If you're talking in terms of crime, there are far more expensive and exotic cars around the streets of Manchester.

I'm jealous of you though, I want to see one! What colour was it, or are they all gunmetal?

Reply to
fishman

M3 Black, heading into Salford. Yep, because of the semislicks. Just because the sun is blazing at 750AM doesn't mean by 8AM the roads won't be like rivers in Manchester area.

Reply to
Sleeker GT Phwoar

Well the other day I saw an E39 M5, with a private reg plate starting M5, as an undercover cop car, near Reading. That surprised me - not the fact that they use performance cars like that, but the private plate - made it look very un-police like.

Reply to
AstraVanMan

For the guy who changes the film in the Cameras, they reckon he has earned it.

Reply to
Sleeker GT Phwoar

It rained here for about the 3rd time in 6 months and I thought to myself this morning it might be time to put my slicks on for some sideways fun. AWD and dry roads means you can go really really fast but there isn't much fun in it.

Fraser

Reply to
Fraser Johnston

Are you *certain* it was a Police vehicle ? I find it hard to believe they'd get away with wasting taxpayer's money on private reg plates, and even harder to believe they'd get away with wasting £50,000 on an M5, when a £25,000 Scooby could do exactly the same job. Us Yorkshire types wouldn't put up with that :)

Reply to
Nom

I met an M5 with 'M5 BMW' the other day, whether it was real or not i don't know but he was driving on the road regardless

Reply to
Chet

Turned out not to be so brave after all. What a wonderful day it is in Manchester!

Reply to
fishman

Don't get me started on unmarked cars - had an "incident" with a silver skoda octavia the other day. Thankfully he was in a good mood

Reply to
Tim S Kemp

Humberside police chief had a big blue BM, not sure if it was an M5 or just a plain one, had hidden lights etc though. Any high ranking job in the public sector should reward in a similar way as a private sector one, and I'd expect to ride around in an M5, S500 or a 750, not a scooby as the "boss".

Reply to
Tim S Kemp

The octavia seems to be catching on with police now both marked and unmarked, hardly surprising considering how good the 1.8t is I'd guess a few of them will be running 225 or 240bhp versions as the VAG group are know to be quite friendly when it comes to supplying police vehicles.

Reply to
Depresion

As he was matching me move for move for a good few miles he was definitely not running 180bhp, and as he passed me while I was at full throttle I reckon he was pushing 240 bhp. Thankfully he was just interested in ending the "games" and straddled the two lanes of the the road and stuck his blues (and brakes) on, didn't pull me.

If he had the incident on video he'd have had fun justifying the chase...

Reply to
Tim S Kemp

Fairly certain. My reasoning is below.

Well it had blue flashing lights in the grill, and I think one on the roof (but possibly not the one on the roof), and had a siren going, and looked like it was chasing someone, so I'm fairly certain.

Reply to
AstraVanMan

Or a drug dealer.

Reply to
SteveH

Urgent camera film replacement.

Reply to
Sleeker GT Phwoar

One of the few. Quite nice, didn't even start to cloud over too much. Must get that aircon looked at.

Reply to
Sleeker GT Phwoar

I was thinking more of Manchester weather with Semi-slick "I signed a dry weather only disclaimer" tyres and a cardboard boot floor myself.

Reply to
Sleeker GT Phwoar

Why should you expect an expensive car for sitting round in your office all day? Shouldn't it be the officers on the beat that are actually out taking the risks with members of the public that get the big reward? When was the last time it was a "chief" that got stabbed compared to PC?

Reply to
Depresion

I had a 'misunderstanding' with a silver skoda last year, definitely an OH SHIT moment as he reached for the keys in the ignition.... Amazingly no fine or points...I was in a sierra 2.0....."You wouldn't out run me in that mate...." - Err was just keeping with traffic flow - really officer !!

Thank god I've got another saab....Seemed to always get pulled in that ford...

Reply to
john