Shock horror! PBR

Brown's Pre Budget Report. High petrol prices are causing an economic slowdown! Who could have foreseen that?

Reply to
Depresion

And the even bigger shock - everything's the Conservative Party's fault!!

Reply to
cupra

What the old "policies put in place by the previous administration" tag line.

Reply to
NeedforSwede2

Ah to help this he is putting the north see tax up but freezing tax at the pumps for the rest of the financial year. So slip the tax in further up the chain so he can have an "It's not me guv'" moment when the tax filters through to the end users.

Reply to
Depresion

To be fair the current administration has only had 8 years.

Reply to
Depresion

only 8 years? I'm sure it's been shorter than that, along the line of 8 years and a bit of counting the extra change days

Reply to
dojj

freezing tax at the pumps is all well and good, but I the tax at the pumps is X% but the base price is higher, that means he'll get more tax doesn't it? I was pleasantly shocked to fillip for 87.9 p the other day :)

Reply to
dojj

Yeah, the previous lot even had the audacity to moan on about that in

1997! I bloody hate politicians. Mendacious bastards.
Reply to
Carl Bowman

95 unleaded is down to 84.9p/L at ASDA Sinfin Derby.

The Mid West Yanks have all hibernated so lots of spare "gas" production.

Reply to
Peter Hill

85.9 for a week, then 84.9 for the last too. Very pleasantly surprised, but still too expensive.
Reply to
NeedforSwede2

The old policies adopted wholescale by the Labour party when they took power?

Probably.

But then, that's what happens when you don't understand why you should do something, in a changing world where the reasons make different policies better after a while.

Reply to
Questions