Should I ?

Been offered another banger.

Young bloke at work, his old man bought this several years ago and promptly forgot all about it. The old man runs a garage and occasionally buys in a fixer upper.

This one had some bodywork 3 or 4 years ago and was then stuffed into a corner where it was promptly forgotten about. They're having a clear out and the young guy has been told he can keep any money he makes if he sells this POS.

I don't need it, and have been told it will need some fettling, but feel strangely tempted for some utterly unfathomable region. Like I need a 3 cylinder car with 52bhp on a good day.

He want £150 ono, but £100 would pretty much take it away.

Your opinions / abuse sought.

Bob Sherunckle

Check Autotrader. Down here, there isn't a 52 plate one for less than £1300. If you can fettle it and it's not too bad, you could make a few quid quite easily..

Mike P

Reply to
Mike P

"Bob Sherunckle" gurgled happily, sounding much like they were saying:

52-plate. Small car. Cheap tax. A ton.

What the hell is NOT to just jump at?

The kid's a fool for not just spending a bit of time on it and punting it out in the local paper himself. You might as well...

Reply to
Adrian

If you dont want it I'll take it!!! That's exactly what I'm looking for - boring as hell, slow as f*ck but cheap as chips to run. It's the sort of car plenty of people want at the moment

Reply to
Carl Gibbs

How is it in the snow?

Reply to
Douglas Payne

The Suzuki Swift is an unspeakable piece of s**te.

Reply to
Doki

But, as others have said, it would be a good opportunity to make a bit of coin. I've spent the last 2 weeks looking for a small motor, and most are absolutely ruined Fiestas at > 10 years old, covered in rust and absolutely shagged out. And this is stuff that's within a budget of a grand. There are very few SOCs around for right money at the minute.

Reply to
Doki

Light and with narrow tyres. It's the most un RWD but non 4WD car you can get.

I should imagine.

But hey, WTFDIK.

Reply to
Bob Sherunckle

Oh f*ck, it is what I thought it was. Still, it's not the MK1.

A truly hideous car. The kind you give your kids as their first motor because you have to really be trying hard to crash it and their mates wouldn't be seen dead in one.

Reply to
Conor