Silicon hose advice please

I'm looking for some advice really. I've just taken up a job as the UK distributor for a silicone hose supplier. All is well but a part of the business i think can be developed is the motosport division which basically produces silicone hoses as replacements for tubing in the engine. We currently produce these kits

I have funding to develeope 10 more kits. Which cars would you suggest? I no quite a lot of people drive older cars on this newsgroup as a long time lurker and i'm obviously still interested in supplying to this market aslong as there is a reasonably sized market. I'm guessing you lot with have a good idea being members of car clubs and such like

Reply to
Andy

BMW

Reply to
ThePunisher

I would offer some suggestions but the link has died :(

Reply to
Carl Gibbs

Link works ok fr me. Anyone else haveing trouble?

BMW? What models would you suggest? M series?

Reply to
robert

404

removed by the isp for spamming newsgroups maybe?

Reply to
Burgerman

Works OK now. Too many connection apparently.

I'd say you need a set for the 205 GTi as they're widely used in loads of different types of motorsport, not to mention your average enthusiast with a road car. And they're at that age where coolant pipes are starting to corrode and split, so its the time where people are choosing to use silicone hoses since they're changing them anyway.

Also think about people who like to 'bling' their engine bay up and then show it off. Like the Jap performance cars (MR2, Supra, 200SX etc). On the same lines you could try to appeal to the young'uns with kits for Novas/Corsas/Fiestas etc, as its a cheap ish mod and isnt likely to upset insurance premiums.

You might also like to think about offering a discount to Owner's Club members to try and get them interested. For example if you made a kit for the MR2 turbo you could advertise on the IMOC forum (1000s of members) and offer 5% off for members, or something like that.

Hope that's of some use!

Carl

Reply to
Carl Gibbs

> t=venairchart.jpg> >> >

Cheers Carl. Similair thoughts to what i was having but good to hear someone else saying it. MR2 and 205GTi will deffinatly be being made. Good idea about the forums but i'm wanting to sell in bulk really not to indivuduals. P

Reply to
robert

He seems quite genuine tbh

Reply to
REMUS

Well you are obviously going to be targeting enthusiasts, so target big communitys such as 205 + Golf (mk1/2) GTi owners. How about offering pipeing with extra capacity?

Reply to
REMUS

High capacity coolant hoses?

How many extra horsepower does that give you?

Douglas

Reply to
Douglas Payne

I don't know but it may aid cooling smarty pants.

Reply to
REMUS

Lots of hot water is just as hot as a bit of hot water!

Reply to
Burgerman

My smarty pants have a perfectly adequate cooling system as it is, thanks.

Peter

Reply to
AstraVanMan

the extra weight helps performance though

Reply to
JohnR

I thought that maybe if there was more water in the system then maybe it would aid cooling?

Reply to
REMUS

Tell you what, you fit high capacity hoses on your car, and I'll fit a bigger radiator on mine, and we'll see who's cooling system performance increases?

(c;

Douglas

Reply to
Douglas Payne

coolant transfers the heat from the hot part to the cold part.

Reply to
JohnR

And by not actually trying to sell anything, he's allowed you to prove yourself to be a "holier than thou" tosspot with a inferiority complex. Steve, go through your posts and work out how many involve "car modifications", AFAIK the OP has a 100% on topic posting record, you don't. I know who's posts I'd rather read....

Reply to
Tony Bond (UncleFista)

DILLIGAF what you think?

It's blatent spam, and I'd have thought an experienced reader of Usenet would have learned to identify this by now.

Reply to
SteveH

It was an "on topic" request for information. He wasn't actually trying to sell anything.

What's your definition of spam then ?

Reply to
Tony Bond (UncleFista)