So that's where the boost went...

Peter Hill gurgled happily, sounding much like they were saying:

There's a bit of in-and-out play, but...

*ding* (or, rather, *crunch*)

Nothing in the hose. Nothing rattling in the IC, and I can't be arsed to chop it open...

Could've been a lot worse. All in, a bit over a ton and a day's work. Of course, if I'd _thought_ and bunged the turbo up as soon as I took the hose off - like I've done EVERY OTHER FLAMIN' TIME...

Reply to
Adrian

That's awesome! I mean like, the photo of how shagged it is - Obviously it's not awesome for you as you'll have to spend wonga replacing stuff, and I don't wish that on you :-)

Good job you bought one of them there Saabs that'll do 300k with no problems and stopped driving that unreliable French crap mind you...

Reply to
DanB

It still drives, like my 9000 did with the BHG. It just does it a little slower. Now my BHG did nothing for performance or cooling.

Reply to
Elder

Elder gurgled happily, sounding much like they were saying:

Heh. Thanks. I think.

Anyway, done now. Should have been done last night, but for the oil return popping out, and going un-noticed until it was all warmed up - and since you're reaching between the manifold & down pipe to get at the damn thing, it got left until this morning...

Just, but I wouldn't have liked to lay odds if it had been an LPT without the intercooler to act as an air filter...

No, nor did the BHG in this car, back in January.

Reply to
Adrian

Turbo failures are mostly caused by poor maintenance or abuse. Always a risk with a used car.

Reply to
Tim S Kemp

You mean like not properly checking where that washer went?

Reply to
Elder

heh that too

Reply to
Tim S Kemp

true to an extent, saabs are very durable. but they can have some irritating quirky faults...

funnily enough never had problems with citroens...

Reply to
john

Funny cos I have. Driving along, pulled up at lights and the Shitron stopped dead. Ignition module and coil both dead. The only other vehicle I've a coil fail on in 30 years was when I left the ignition on for 4 hours.

Then there was the weird French idea that wiring can be made from brown dusty rust with a pale furry green coating of what may have been copper plating, packed into thin plastic tubes.

Reply to
Peter Hill

That's called sarcasm, I suppose?

Tom De Moor