In this current economic climate, I reckon this seller has as much chance

as he has of being caught in a compromising video with Gordon Brown, and Chelsea Clinton.

Elder

How bad can a Cat 'C' get?

Reply to
Abo

Yeah, but how many of the Joe publics would pay just under the going rate for a car they probably won't be able to get a sensible trade in on, when they move on. I wonder how come it only did 14k miles in 2 years, but had a big enough bump for it to be considered a write off.

Reply to
Elder

Nono you misunderstand :D What *is* the worst a Cat C can be, I've never gone near a damaged/repaired car (as far as I know lol) so I'm not sure.

Reply to
Abo

Ah right. He seems to be a few quid cheaper than what a dealer would ask for one without CAT writeoff on it. JackH might know (and I'm not taking the piss regarding current problems).

Reply to
ian

Oops, thats me, but google seems to think I was logged into my bosses google account, not mine which is weird.

Reply to
Elder

as a rule at work we normally give half the value for what we'd give a non total loss car, cat c and d with d being a bit bent and c being slightly more bent cat b i think is salvage only and a is normally turned into a cube if i'm right

i've seen some very good cat d's where it's really hard to tell where it was hit, and some real piss poor attempts at repair, paint not matching, shockingly off shut lines ect.

Reply to
Vamp

Oops indeed - so are you in any of the photos on your employer's website? :-)

Reply to
Clive George

I was on the old site before we rebranded.

I have access to that account for things like purchase reciepts and stuff I'm responsible for. Sometimes online services need renewing and before I took over as IT manager, Ian as the technical director used to handle it. Somehow that google account got latched onto google groups. I don't even have my work google apps account set up to use google groups.

Reply to
Elder

But would you pay £7k for one when car prices are falling like a brick tied to a safe with an ACME anvil in it, hanging off the leg of Wylie Coyote.

Reply to
Elder

nope

Reply to
Vamp

What if it was a Lamborghini Murcielago LP640?

Reply to
DanB

maybe

Reply to