Speechless

As I drove past my local garage last night I noticed diesel has gone

*down* a penny!
Reply to
Abo

Must be selling a lot. I've noticed a trend where they have a lower price on what sells most in an area.

Reply to
Conor

The price of crude oil has been falling recently...and it looks like this price reduction might actually make it to the consumer!

Reply to
Neil McD.

When remarking on my car's hideous[1] VED costs, my dad reminded me that diesel was cheaper than petrol once. He seems to think that this may come around again, especially if the hauliers get their way.

Richard

[1] The first year is £400; but I can't see the green lobby leaving those nasty polluting old cars[2] getting a cheaper VED than a nice shiny new one, even one that is band G. I think pre-2001 cars can expect a ramp up beyond what has already been suggested. [2] And by Green lobby, I mean the Automotive Industry, since really green people know a well maintained old car is still a far better option.
Reply to
Richard Kilpatrick

Once upon a time oil wasn't used for heating etc, much. And that oil and diesel are very similar.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

Richard Kilpatrick gurgled happily, sounding much like they were saying:

If it does, it'll largely be because of the balance of petrol vs diesel being used heading back the other way - the problem is that you only (AIUI) get a certain proportion of each from a barrel of crude, and if demand for diesel (and that proportion's also used for other purposes) is higher than can easily be supplied whilst that for petrol is lower...

I agree entirely. I'd be surprised if

Reply to
Adrian

Round here unleaded was 119.9 per litre when oil was at $146 per barrel. Its still at 119.9 per litre while oil is now $131 per barrel (spot price at London commodity market). It had dropped to 117.9 for a couple of days then went back up again. I suspect Duhg is in charge of pricing it.

Reply to
John Wright